Herring Shoes - Experiences?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by the_sartorialist, May 5, 2010.

1. MikkelM

MikkelM Active Member

Unfortunately you cannot combine the codes. Else it would be a neat deal.

So depending on the item price and the need for a shoe tree the AAAC code will in some cases be the better code to use.

2. Gbg brouge

Gbg brouge Senior member

It's been a while since I bought anything from Herring. I moved on to Shoe Healer and found an equally godd, if not better customer service and even quicker delivery. The pricing was on par with Herring, but their knowledge about the shoes was impressive!
    Still, I think that Herring offer a great range, and their "own" shoes are in my opinion a great value for money.

They had a 15-20% off the entire Herring range last autumn, and I hope they do a repeat this year.

3. dst

dst Well-Known Member

Placed my 1st order with these guys last week and not really impressed so far.

Had not heard from them re delivery so after following up, was told they were not in stock so had to get them in. Was told they would be sent the very next day yet they were not.

It's been a week + and still no delivery :s

4. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

That's unusual.
    They are known for their good customer service and fast delivery.

I've bought 5 pairs of shoes from them and have never had a bad experience.

5. dst

dst Well-Known Member

They've been responsive but it annoys me when places advertise having stock yet they don't!

6. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Unfortunately I think you are just one of those rare cases where things be it stock wasn't correct as most peoples experiences - including mine all the way in Aus have been lightning fast. I hope you get your order soon though so you can break in and enjoy the new shoes.

..Back to the shadows waiting for a 15-20% sale so I can grab those drakes, can't justify the price without it >.<

7. wurger

wurger Senior member

8. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

What game are you playing at you said go the plum museums last week!! :p

9. wurger

wurger Senior member

10. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

I should have bought those Stratford boots last week.
    Herring have just raised prices a little. Shoes that were £185 have gone to £195, and £195 has risen to £210.

11. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

ah bummer man. The cost of procrastination sometimes.

12. NWTeal

NWTeal Senior member

Hey guys, first post on the thread. I'm looking to buy a new pair, somewhere in the premier or classic line.

Does anyone have experience with both the Cheany made Herring Premier shoes and Meermin Linea Maestro? Currently the prices are comparable with the free shipping and 10% codes so I would like to get your thoughts.

Thanks.

13. wurger

wurger Senior member

Herring has better service, and quality more reliable than Meermin, I rather take high quality goodwear than average hand welt.

14. jssdc

jssdc Senior member

Do you have them in brown or oxblood? I've been eyeing the oxblood for some time...

15. Yowzer

Yowzer Senior member

I have two pairs of Herring Cheaneys (11028 and 2003 lasts). The Burgundy Raleighs are probably my favourite pair despite it not fitting my toes very well (a wee short). I find their quality pretty good and shine up very well. I also find that they are quite light compared to others in my collection which makes them a joy to walk in. It was the first thing I noticed. It's a good shoe for the price despite not being a favourite on SF. Now, the Herring AS are a step up and are better quality. Also unfortunately more dear and I find them heavier than the Herring Cheaneys (better/thicker leather is the likely answer). If you can save up for it, the Oxblood Drake is a darn good looking shoe. If you manage to get a good discount code and you're looking, best not hesitate as they won't last long. Oxblood as a colour is more versatile too and can pair with more colours. Suggest you contact Herring for the sizing advice beforehand. I've purchased 3 times from Herring and haven't been disappointed, especially their delivery which is quick and it goes to PO Boxes!

Don't have a LM Meermin but have been very keen on the plum museum mainly for the leather colour. Hopefully the shoe will fit well when the trigger is pulled. Good luck!

p.s. I recall wurger has the oxblood.

EDIT: 3 pairs, the 3rd is the 205 last which unfortunately I sized up half and is loose, nothing an insole couldn't fix however.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014