• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MikkelM

Reaction score
The last time I tried to help someone with Herring discount codes here I ended up getting nothing but abuse from the guy, but here goes.

I don't know of any codes with that big a discount, but there used to be a standard 10% off code, TWEET10, that worked most of the time.
You could check Herring's Twitter for anything else. They often have codes for specific shoes.

There's also a code for free shoe trees on Herring brand shoes. Go to AAAC and you'll find it.

Unfortunately you cannot combine the codes. Else it would be a neat deal.

So depending on the item price and the need for a shoe tree the AAAC code will in some cases be the better code to use.

Gbg brouge

Reaction score
They're trying to move upmarket, with the 1966 range, prices creeping up, and more and more of the mid-range "Classic" collection being made outside the UK.
Yes the Christmas sale wasn't great, but the customer service is still first rate and the delivery is so quick.

It's been a while since I bought anything from Herring. I moved on to Shoe Healer and found an equally godd, if not better customer service and even quicker delivery. The pricing was on par with Herring, but their knowledge about the shoes was impressive!
Still, I think that Herring offer a great range, and their "own" shoes are in my opinion a great value for money.

They had a 15-20% off the entire Herring range last autumn, and I hope they do a repeat this year.

dst

Reaction score
Placed my 1st order with these guys last week and not really impressed so far.

Had not heard from them re delivery so after following up, was told they were not in stock so had to get them in. Was told they would be sent the very next day yet they were not.

It's been a week + and still no delivery :s

Odradek

Reaction score

Placed my 1st order with these guys last week and not really impressed so far.

Had not heard from them re delivery so after following up, was told they were not in stock so had to get them in. Was told they would be sent the very next day yet they were not.

It's been a week + and still no delivery :s

That's unusual.
They are known for their good customer service and fast delivery.

I've bought 5 pairs of shoes from them and have never had a bad experience.

dst

Reaction score
They've been responsive but it annoys me when places advertise having stock yet they don't!

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think you are just one of those rare cases where things be it stock wasn't correct as most peoples experiences - including mine all the way in Aus have been lightning fast. I hope you get your order soon though so you can break in and enjoy the new shoes.

..Back to the shadows waiting for a 15-20% sale so I can grab those drakes, can't justify the price without it >.<

Odradek

Reaction score
I should have bought those Stratford boots last week.
Herring have just raised prices a little. Shoes that were £185 have gone to £195, and £195 has risen to £210.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should have bought those Stratford boots last week.
Herring have just raised prices a little. Shoes that were £185 have gone to £195, and £195 has risen to £210.

ah bummer man. The cost of procrastination sometimes.

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first post on the thread. I'm looking to buy a new pair, somewhere in the premier or classic line.

Does anyone have experience with both the Cheany made Herring Premier shoes and Meermin Linea Maestro? Currently the prices are comparable with the free shipping and 10% codes so I would like to get your thoughts.

Thanks.

Yowzer

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post on the thread. I'm looking to buy a new pair, somewhere in the premier or classic line.

Does anyone have experience with both the Cheany made Herring Premier shoes and Meermin Linea Maestro? Currently the prices are comparable with the free shipping and 10% codes so I would like to get your thoughts.

Thanks.
I have two pairs of Herring Cheaneys (11028 and 2003 lasts). The Burgundy Raleighs are probably my favourite pair despite it not fitting my toes very well (a wee short). I find their quality pretty good and shine up very well. I also find that they are quite light compared to others in my collection which makes them a joy to walk in. It was the first thing I noticed. It's a good shoe for the price despite not being a favourite on SF. Now, the Herring AS are a step up and are better quality. Also unfortunately more dear and I find them heavier than the Herring Cheaneys (better/thicker leather is the likely answer). If you can save up for it, the Oxblood Drake is a darn good looking shoe. If you manage to get a good discount code and you're looking, best not hesitate as they won't last long. Oxblood as a colour is more versatile too and can pair with more colours. Suggest you contact Herring for the sizing advice beforehand. I've purchased 3 times from Herring and haven't been disappointed, especially their delivery which is quick and it goes to PO Boxes!

Don't have a LM Meermin but have been very keen on the plum museum mainly for the leather colour. Hopefully the shoe will fit well when the trigger is pulled. Good luck!

p.s. I recall wurger has the oxblood.

EDIT: 3 pairs, the 3rd is the 205 last which unfortunately I sized up half and is loose, nothing an insole couldn't fix however.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads