• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hermes Agenda Refill Alternatives?

Reaction score
Hello there!

First post here but longtime lurker.

I know this is a slightly arcane topic but this seems the best place to ask: has anyone found a suitable alternative source for the Hermes planner refills? The Hermes agendas are great, beautiful and of course expensive but having to shell out $60 to $200 for the paper inserts several times a year seems a bit much.

Having tried many sources of calendar or blank paper refills from places like Levenger, etc. they never fit right, cheaply made and are often quite ugly. I think they're designed for the stuff you get at Staples. I know this is an issue with some Louis Vuitton agendas I have as well.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I wear it?

Try a printer (who might be able to cut them for you) or even a good stationery shop but these are likely a peculiar size to keep you but the originals.

$ (US?) 60>200 seems a very high price for a few scraps of paper, so where on earth does that number come from? If that is the only option, throw the thing away and buy something whose paper comes at a sensible price, you could likely buy the whole tree for that! As you would appear in the UK (Staples) try Filofax.

Reaction score
Well, the whole point is the feeling of luxury and having well crafted things. After all, we could all be using Bic pens LOL.

I've made some casual inquiries with stationary companies and they aren't able to make things like this because the Hermes and LV agendas use a specific mounting system.

Apparently these agenda covers are a big seller for Hermes but people start balking at the refill prices later!

Last edited:

IChen

Reaction score
That's the whole thing about feeling of luxury and having well crafted things. You have to go back to them, for refills and repairs. And you gotta pay their prices, where you hand over your black Amex and they leave you walking out of the store with a nice shopping bag while you feel like everyone's looking at you.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, the whole point is the feeling of luxury and having well crafted things. After all, we could all be using Bic pens LOL.

I've made some casual inquiries with stationary companies and they aren't able to make things like this because the Hermes and LV agendas use a specific mounting system. 

Apparently these agenda covers are a big seller for Hermes but people start balking at the refill prices later!

If you wish to be seen with such things then you must be prepared to pay the running costs.

Reaction score
Well I know that Hermes makes a whole range of accessories that nobody would really see like leather mousepads and $35,000 fur bed throws.

I was Googling this subject and Google actually autofilled in "Hermes agenda refill alternatives" which suggests it's a big thing amongst these agenda owners LOL.

IChen

Reaction score
Well I know that Hermes makes a whole range of accessories that nobody would really see like leather mousepads and $35,000 fur bed throws.

I was Googling this subject and Google actually autofilled in "Hermes agenda refill alternatives" which suggests it's a big thing amongst these agenda owners LOL.

It's easy to feel great when you're writing in a luxury notebook. Of course not everyone wants to pay the price.

But that's what luxury is. You purchase something and the running costs, the repairs, refilling, whatever costs down the road to own and feel luxury.

Reaction score
I'm not indulgent enough to jot down notes on paper THAT expensive LOL. At least with watches there's a good deal of technical know how in servicing and they don't need one for at least a few years. Same with cars.

Well, if anyone finds a good source for this kind of stuff let me know!

Last edited:

notsim

Reaction score
You may want to look at some of the etsy shops for replacement planners, for my Ulysses mm I ended up just using it as a notebook and got a lv desk agenda for the hobonichi techo cousin.

Reaction score
Are they the right size? I find a lot of cheap refills fall out.

I also have a Goyard planner I never use because they charge $150 for their refill so I use it to keep canceled checks, etc. LOL.

Last edited:

M Belle

Reaction score
Hello there!

I know this is a slightly arcane topic but this seems the best place to ask: has anyone found a suitable alternative source for the Hermes planner refills? The Hermes agendas are great, beautiful and of course expensive but having to shell out $60 to $200 for the paper inserts several times a year seems a bit much.

Having tried many sources of calendar or blank paper refills from places like Levenger, etc. they never fit right, cheaply made and are often quite ugly. I think they're designed for the stuff you get at Staples. I know this is an issue with some Louis Vuitton agendas I have as well.

Any advice?

Thanks!

M Belle

Reaction score
Hello there!

Any advice?

Thanks!

Hi. I saw this posting and thought I offer an advise.

I have several original authentic Hermes Ulysse Notebooks. PM, MM and TPM.
I doodled a lot when I get bored in meetings.
It’s a bad habit when you have expensive notebook or planners.
So I found a place where you can get nice lined or blank papers to replace the Hermes refills, as alternatives.

It is by Paperchase in London UK.
It costs nothing, just the shipping to US can be a bit, but worth it.

Hope that helps.

M Belle
[email protected]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads