• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HERE AND NOW

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Sorry,yes FP MiE Harrington
Gant Academic OCBD
John Lewis cotton trousers,just bought in sale and need taking up an inch or so.
Sebago Legacy
Inspired by your post from the Japanese book.
Very good. You added the British touch !

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1595364219858.png

Just changed the jacket...J Crew Madras.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very good. You added the British touch !
I bought the FP Harrington very cheap in a clearance sale,I took a chance on the size but it is a good fit,about a year later I got a black one for less than half price.
I prefer the FP to the Baracuta,imo the FP would be perfect if it didnt have the logo.
FP and Baracuta are over priced imo but I am happy with the price that I paid for the FPs, I also have a Baracuta that I bought in a sale and had re-lined,its MiE,a bit of an odd colour.

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1595364855860.png

This is the MiE Baracuta,I bought some material that matches the jacket pretty well and the ladies who do my alterations re-lined it,they even sewed the label in and made an inside pocket ! bless them.
As I said its an odd colour but it looks ok with Navy trousers or indigo jeans.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
I bought the FP Harrington very cheap in a clearance sale,I took a chance on the size but it is a good fit,about a year later I got a black one for less than half price.
I prefer the FP to the Baracuta,imo the FP would be perfect if it didnt have the logo.
FP and Baracuta are over priced imo but I am happy with the price that I paid for the FPs, I also have a Baracuta that I bought in a sale and had re-lined,its MiE,a bit of an odd colour.
You were lucky as the FPs are never in the sales here !
I like the Baracutas, but like @Botolph i preferred the pre-Lavori slim-fit version (that was not too slim, just perfect). I tried the Fred Perry Harrington, and it is an excellent fit for me. Just waiting they do one in another color than black or navy (as i've already got 2 Baracutas in those colors - both found during sales), and one i like (they recently did an olive version for example that i wasn't fond of)...

cerneabbas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1595494472103.png

Just in case we are looking like we are a bit too 'Ivy' on here I thought that I would post this picture.
I have put it up before on another thread where it wasnt well received but I think its a bit better suited to this thread.

We are already getting late Summer weather here,windy and showers although it can still be very warm,the Madras shirts not getting worn so much and the Polos starting to be worn on an evening.
When its cool enough for a jacket I have a couple of Cotton Field jackets which are unlined and quite versatile,interesting to know what other people wear when the Summer weather starts to change ?

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
View attachment 1429052
Just in case we are looking like we are a bit too 'Ivy' on here I thought that I would post this picture.
I have put it up before on another thread where it wasnt well received but I think its a bit better suited to this thread.

We are already getting late Summer weather here,windy and showers although it can still be very warm,the Madras shirts not getting worn so much and the Polos starting to be worn on an evening.
When its cool enough for a jacket I have a couple of Cotton Field jackets which are unlined and quite versatile,interesting to know what other people wear when the Summer weather starts to change ?
This is a nice casual outfit. I suppose Barbour, Fred Perry, Armani Jeans, Paraboot, and a hat i don't recognize (Lyle & Scott maybe ?)...

it is still very hot here, so i wear Tshirt or Polos, light Chinos, boat shoes or loafers.
Like you when it's not too warm the evening i wear a cotton/linen blazer, a light jeans trucker, or a light cotton Nam Jungle jacket style...

Byrone

Reaction score
We are already getting late Summer weather here,windy and showers although it can still be very warm. When its cool enough for a jacket I have a couple of Cotton Field jackets which are unlined and quite versatile,interesting to know what other people wear when the Summer weather starts to change ?
Fujito or K-way

Botolph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We’re just warming up here in the USA. Late August is usually the hottest/worst it gets here. Yesterday was a reprieve, only about 85°? as opposed to the 95°+ we’ve been experiencing.
Went to a nephew’s birthday party yesterday. Wore a cotton ecru 3-button Fred Perry knit(made in Italy), slim grey linen blend Outlier trousers, and Clarks whiskey Desert London. Defo did the trick before the mosquitos came out. Then it was every man for himself!

Swampster

Reaction score
We’re just warming up here in the USA. Late August is usually the hottest/worst it gets here. Yesterday was a reprieve, only about 85°? as opposed to the 95°+ we’ve been experiencing.

It is the humidity which I found oppressive in some parts of the USA rather than the heat. New York in the 80s was worse than Las Vegas at 100+. Kingsman in Arizona was the most deceptive - it was so windy that I didn’t feel particularly hot and it was even higher temp than LV.
I tend to find the collar on polo shirts bothers me when it is humid, so I am more likely to wear a button up shirt - linen perhaps.
With the weather here being up and down, I have worn some linen or cotton jackets with chinos when it is a bit cooler.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is the humidity which I found oppressive in some parts of the USA rather than the heat. New York in the 80s was worse than Las Vegas at 100+. Kingsman in Arizona was the most deceptive - it was so windy that I didn’t feel particularly hot and it was even higher temp than LV.
I tend to find the collar on polo shirts bothers me when it is humid, so I am more likely to wear a button up shirt - linen perhaps.
With the weather here being up and down, I have worn some linen or cotton jackets with chinos when it is a bit cooler.
Same experience here in Wash DC. The humidity is oppressive. I wear linen as much as possible as it breathes well and dries fast. Cotton is awful.

High twist wool in an unlined jacket seems to work best for CM.

Swampster

Reaction score
Another eBay Baracuta arrived yesterday. I wasn’t sure about it as it has a different label to usual and no Fraser lining, but there are some others I have found photos of with similar so hopefully it is genuine.

This is labelled as an XL rather than usual size in inches. Currently more snug than the blue one I bought but current weight change has me heading in the right direction.
MiE but not sure if pre-buyout.

Attachments

• 3B4610B0-27FD-4314-8316-3608803CE361.jpeg
    3B4610B0-27FD-4314-8316-3608803CE361.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 30

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Another eBay Baracuta arrived yesterday. I wasn’t sure about it as it has a different label to usual and no Fraser lining, but there are some others I have found photos of with similar so hopefully it is genuine.

This is labelled as an XL rather than usual size in inches. Currently more snug than the blue one I bought but current weight change has me heading in the right direction.
MiE but not sure if pre-buyout.
Looks suede ?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1428258
This is the MiE Baracuta,I bought some material that matches the jacket pretty well and the ladies who do my alterations re-lined it,they even sewed the label in and made an inside pocket ! bless them.
As I said its an odd colour but it looks ok with Navy trousers or indigo jeans.
Nice! Looks like this neat raincoat I got from Freeman Seattle last year. They do rain very well up there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads