• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with wedding outfit

doryfore

Reaction score
After the postponement of our wedding originally planned for this summer, my fiance and I have decided to still have a small ceremony--largely due to current family illness. The ceremony will be in early August, in the afternoon, and followed by a small dinner. I had originally planned to get my first bespoke suit for our wedding, but that obviously became infeasible due to covid. Now, I'm scrambling to find something off the rack or that can be made to measure in the next five weeks.

I think what I want is a blue (likely navy) double-breasted (6x2 or 4x2) suit. I am also open to other suggestions!

I tried Suitsupply but it wasn't quite right. Lapels were a bit too bellied and wide, and I was between sizes.

I am essentially looking for brand/tailoring house recommendations. Price range is $500 to ~$2,500. I'm a 42L, and many RTW brands appear to not have long sizes. Drake's had a beautiful DB suit this season, but again there were no long sizes. I am looking at things like Spier&Mackay, Ring Jacket, and Huntsman.

Any suggestions or help pointing me in the right direction are greatly, greatly appreciated.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Five weeks really isn’t enough time for proper made to measure and given the schedule, I would most certainly avoid anything online.

Where do you live?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you should have plenty of options near you. Have you tried Saks or Ermenegildo Zegna at Copley Place? They should have some really nice offerings in your price range and be able to do the alterations and finishes in plenty of time.

I would be wary of anyone claiming they can do made to measure with a 5 week turn around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads