• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with fit part 2

sharpcelery

Reaction score
So i took the advice given out on the forum and have some new purchases for you guys to critique.

Shirts:

Fred Perry L Polo
DSCI0074.jpg

ZARA Polo thing XL
DSCI0075.jpg

ZARA Slim fit XXL
DSCI0076.jpg

Mossimo L (probably needs to be hemmed)
DSCI0077.jpg

Pants (these are old pants):

JCrew Cords
DSCI0078.jpg

DSCI0079.jpg

CK Pants
DSCI0080.jpg

DSCI0081.jpg

Express Shorts
DSCI0082.jpg

DSCI0083.jpg

Unknown slacks
DSCI0084.jpg

DSCI0085.jpg

Now for stuff about jeans (I'm focusing on Levi's for now)

Shrink to Fit 501 (obviously pre-first wash)
DSCI0001.jpg

DSCI0002.jpg

514 34x34 (ignore wash) Probably need to go down to 34x32
DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0005.jpg

As for wash, I'm buying at a department store, so I'm having trouble finding something approximating the look of raw jeans. Is this anywhere close?
DSCI0012.jpg

Last but not least, should I bother getting a new battery for this watch?
DSCI0040.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my rating for each fit, not necessarily in order: 3, 6, 5, 7, 6, 6, 6, 4, 2, 5, 7, 4, 4, 5, 6, 3, 2, 9 (that one rocked)

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm saying this, being a serial tucker, but UNTUCK that fred perry polo in the topmost pic

and return/sell/burn the CK trousers

Raymond Weil makes a nice quartz watch, worth getting a battery for

sharpcelery

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Here's my rating for each fit, not necessarily in order: 3, 6, 5, 7, 6, 6, 6, 4, 2, 5, 7, 4, 4, 5, 6, 3, 2, 9 (that one rocked)

Sarcasm?

If not, thank you, but without knowing the order I can't really make adjustments.

sharpcelery

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I can't believe I'm saying this, being a serial tucker, but UNTUCK that fred perry polo in the topmost pic

and return/sell/burn the CK trousers

Raymond Weil makes a nice quartz watch, worth getting a battery for

I thought the CK trousers were extremely tight on me.

Would wearing the raymond weil mean that I would need to wear belts with brass buckles?

sharpcelery

Reaction score
I'm not used to taking pictures of myself. Is there a particular shirt you need me to take a picture of again?

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, my rule of thumb for determining fit is to ignore your actual image and focus on the silhouette the clothes create for you. Look at the outline your outfit creates and see if that is actually complimenting to your body or not. Ignore the patterns and colors, look at the way the clothes make your body appear.

I feel that subconsciously, this is how people determine the fit of your clothes. They might not recognize it but once you get your eye used to it it's clear to see. For instance, in your first picture, you notice how everything flares out and then dramatically tightens at the waist band. A human body doesn't do this, and it's obviously. The shirt balloons out and then the tucked in nature only worsens this effect, subliminally sending a false (and unflattering) image of your body type.

I<3Bacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those CK trousers look like they're about to burst at the seams...

and does that Zara polo have an elastic hem?
eh.gif

Everything else fits okay. I wouldn't bother hemming that shirt or getting a shorter inseam on the 514's. Just my 2 cents.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your haunches are impeccable.

I would typically include a "no ****" disclaimer, but honestly, even I'm not sure at this point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads