• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help please: Looking for inexpensive corduroy blazer

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya i did notice in the store the jcrew one had a "lived in" look as the salesman told me. I think that is fine for what I am looking to get out of it. I just wish they have numbered sizing rather than s, m, etc. Will check it out again along with the H and M suggestion.

Chargersfan

Reaction score
STP has Lauren ones for about a hundred with a coupon. I got a kick around one from BR that works just fine too.

Steve Thomas

Reaction score
Macy's Alfani brand has a slim-cut black cord blazer in the $50-$60 range. Don't know if it's available in tan though.

Schorsch

Reaction score
Old Navy. I am totally serious. Spend the remaining $60 on tailoring if you need to, but if you size down one, you won't. Most of their clothing is utter garbage, but they make solid jackets and blazers.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In addition to the LE Canvas one, regular LE has one I like way better:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/11waleCor...&origin=search

It's $75 with the coupon code they have going right now (on the main LE page). I bought one and really dig it.

I should note, though, that it comes with working buttonholes, which might need to be dealt with if you have short arms.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing Rugby will have one this season.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
I'm guessing Rugby will have one this season.

They do, but it's $200. And looks to have Dynasty shoulders, from the online pic. And the patch pocket on the chest is, oddly, shaped differently from the ones on the hips. The breast pocket is almost Sciamat.

http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?...735&cp=3138868

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
In addition to the LE Canvas one, regular LE has one I like way better:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/11waleCor...&origin=search

It's $75 with the coupon code they have going right now (on the main LE page). I bought one and really dig it.

I should note, though, that it comes with working buttonholes, which might need to be dealt with if you have short arms.

Curious, what size did you get? Do the fit TTS? I'm a 36 in jackets normally, and they smallest one they have is a 38. Any chance I'd be able to fit in that?

twosnapsandgo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Citan1145
Hey everyone, first time posting a "help" thread, so please don't kill me :X. I did a search but couldn't find any recent posts on this so: I am looking for a mid range corduroy blazer that I can wear going out on fall nights with a plaid shirt and some jeans. Looking to spend between 100-200 dollars. Would prefer a "tan" or "khaki" color as I feel it is the most versatile for me. Any suggestions are welcome. If it helps, I am a 38r or s depending on the cut of the jacket. Thanks in advance!
38 Regular Camel color Ralph Lauren Corduroy Blazer for $89.99 at Macys don;t forget to use a coupon code! Original price $275.http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...xx.esn_results http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/M...5&op_sharpen=1 Camel color http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/M...0&op_sharpen=1

JG000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kurt N
I picked up a charcoal Alan Flusser cord jacket in that price range at SteinMart a year+ ago. They carry Flusser's lower-price line, but I don't know whether that jacket is still in the lineup.

Originally Posted by Schorsch
Old Navy. I am totally serious. Spend the remaining $60 on tailoring if you need to, but if you size down one, you won't. Most of their clothing is utter garbage, but they make solid jackets and blazers.

+1 for both of these

I happen to own cord blazers from Old Navy and SteinMart (though I don't believe mine is by Flusser) and given I paid $25 for each... I am very, very pleased

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Schorsch
I've been wearing mine today. Needs the sleeves shortened, but otherwise fits great. With the 20 bucks I paid for it with end of season clearance, I'm reluctant to even spend for that. Very little structure to the thing. Padded shoulders, but they're padded with polyester something and everything is preshrunk, so it's machine washable. In short, what a corduroy jacket should be. Approachable, casual, and easy. Anything too structured and fussy just looks wrong to me. Hell, I even took a WAWRN pic today. I'll probably be posting it tomorrow, 'cuz I'm lazy and haven't transferred it to my computer yet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads