help picking out shirt and pocket square

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by WiseguyMMIV, Nov 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. WiseguyMMIV

WiseguyMMIV Member

All,

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum heading under which to ask for some advice, but here goes:

I'm attending a Christmas party this weekend. My suit of choice is a grey wool, windowpane, single-breasted style with a notch collar. I have a dark green and cardinal red striped bowtie I plan to wear for the occasion (self-tie, of course) and was trying to decide on a shirt color and pocket square. White and white? Perhaps a light green shirt? Should I use a solid color square or something else?

I have various shades of colors in my pocket square collection (light green, dark green, etc.).

Please offer suggestions on the shirt and pocket square colors.

Thanks,

Wiseguy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. erpet

erpet Senior member

Stay with the white shirt. Light green shirt does not sound very nice and remember: combining different greens is really dangerous (well, SF dangerous).

White PS is also good - an alternative colour could perhaps pick up something in the check of the suit?

3. erpet

erpet Senior member

Stay with the white shirt. Light green shirt does not sound very nice and remember: combining different greens is really dangerous (well, SF dangerous).

White PS is also good - an alternative colour could perhaps pick up something in the check of the suit?

4. WiseguyMMIV

WiseguyMMIV Member

Quote:
    Thanks for your input. About mixing greens- are these out?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Re: picking up something in the suit, I'm not really sure what PS I have to do that. I don't want to overdo it. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a solid red silk PS that would match my bowtie. Maybe sticking with white is the no-brainer.

5. MTB-85

MTB-85 Well-Known Member

I definately think the white pocket square is the way to go!