• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Me Select A New Briefcase

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Received my Mulholland Bros long wallet today (jacket pocket wallet). Really impressed especially for the $88 I spent.

The leather is nice and soft, supple and the color is fantastic. Its a thin design So i can wear it without it changing the look of my sportcoats.

I'll know more as it wears in.

I like these wallets for suits and jackets. Bought one recently in alligator that arrived today. Looking forward to using it for years to come.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sweet, Alligator was a bit out of my range at the moment, but I might do a cardholder in alligator at some point.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
Have you looked at Glenroyal? They make some nice bridle good. Someone told me he saw a new line from Glenroyal in Tokyo that is made of canvas and bridle.

They have nice classic bridle leather on their website. Almost too classic. I was hoping for something a bit more updated but with some classic roots.

Ross57

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I had a Tumi leather briefcase in the late 90's-2003 for meetings and flights. I must admit it was practical but now it looks so .....dated. I need something else. I've had Ghurka canvas and leather. That was the 80's-90's. I've tried nylon backpacks. I don't want a legal brief, a heavy leather satchel or a Filson bag. Just something that is right for carrying business and personal items while traveling and into meeting. I think I want leather but not an attache.

Any ideas?

Just found this thread, and I realize my response is WAY late in coming, but I must put in a good word for Glaser Designs. Kari recently made up for me a portfolio in espresso calfskin. After several Skype consultations with her and Myron, I asked them to make the width only 3", narrower than any portfolio Kari had designed. But she complied with my request willingly--and the case is both beautiful and highly functional. I fly for business less frequently these days. When I do, the case will easily accommodate my 13" laptop, cord holder (Glaser's sailcloth organizer is sturdy and lightweight), Kindle, a few files, spare eyeglasses, BBerry passport, pens, etc. In the meantime, it's the perfect everyday commuter bag.

I've been carrying the bag for a month. Already four folks have asked who made it. Far more important, I know that I have a bag that I will happily carry for a long, long time. As others have noted, Myron and Kari are remarkably skilled at their craft and admirably responsive to their customers. I can't recommend them highly enough.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
$(KGrHqV,!hcE2iDYjWpzBN5E9sR+W!~~0_12.JPG

Ross57

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LanceW
Ross, I would love to see pics.

Here you go. Photo quality isn't great (I'm terrible at this stuff), but I think it gives you the general idea.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
$(KGrHqV,!hcE2iDYjWpzBN5E9sR+W!~~0_12.JPG

That is very nice, very elegant.

But I went the other way and got this instead:

pPOLO2-8223177_lifestyle_v360x480.jpg

as well as its little brother

pPOLO2-7139139_standard_t240.jpg

They are both good looking, but....well, they are made in China and the finish and materials just aren't quite the same as the better UK made bags like Brady (or better Italy made RL bags). But I like them and will enjoy them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads