• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Mafoofan Help Himself

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
i only think 'cutting' when i am thinking of fighters dropping weight (basically through dehydration) ahead of a fight. Am I wrong?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo
Well that too. I foresee Foo giving up on PX90 after day 1.

I was going to suggest a What is Foo Wearing While Doing P90x threak... maybe daily videos... could be epic.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang it! I swore I wouldn't come back to this threak.

I disagree on all the "P90 is for advanced blah blah blah" posts. It's not...it's for anyone looking to get in shape....at home...using a very structured program that only requires that you a) do the workout and b) record the workout.

P90X is only as difficult as you make it. Each exercise you do has 2-3 variations to it that can either make it easier or harder than the standard exercise (e.g., girl pushups<regular pushups<decline pushups). The other principle of P90X is progression....it doesn't matter where you start...there's no requirement for X number of reps...just do the reps you can at the weight you can. Then, just make sure you go a little bit harder the next time. It can be adding reps, adding weight, or doing a more difficult version of that exercise...either way, you go at your pace.

So long as Foo sticks to it (which is really required for ANY routine he does), he should be able to get through it. Hell, I have a friend now who is a few weeks into P90X and who's probably 30-40 pounds overweight and didn't do any exercise before. If he has the willpower to do the program, anyone can.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since OP already purchased P90X and spent considerable $$$ on it, any further advice may be redundant. Nevertheless, doing elliptical 4 mornings a week for 40 minutes and cutting out fried foods made my lose 12 pounds in 4 weeks. Running would have the same effect. Plain and simple.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
i've never heard that p90x is some crazy advanced program. i have plenty of friends who work long and unpredictable hours who are able to do it without any problems.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
p90x costs less than a good pair of jeans.

It's really not as hard as some are making it out.

It includes a diet. The diet produces 80% of the visual results.

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im going to echo the sentiments that p90x is awesome. It is designed to be difficult, and it will push you further than you thought you could go. That's why it works. I've been doing it about 4 weeks and have seen significant changes in my body and my strength even after working out consistently with a mostly 5x5 training regimen for a year.

harry2quinn

Reaction score
If you're looking for a non-unsightly pull up bar, get the Iron Gym one.

It's inexpensive, takes 5 minutes to put together and you can put it away or put it up in seconds. Not need to use the suction cup ones.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
"And what about maintenance? I can't and won't keep up 45-60 minutes, 5 days a week."

Easy maintenance would be something like 100 pushups, 200 bodyweight squats, and maybe 4 minutes worth of burpees (buy a stopwatch, it's one of the cheapest, most underrated pieces of workout equipment) 3 times per week. Do 20 push ups followed by 40 squats, rest, repeat 5 times. This shouldn't take you longer than 45 minutes the first time you do it. Once you get strong enough to do sets of 20-30 push-ups and 40-50 squats, with only around 3 minutes rest between sets, you can complete this work in under 30 minutes. Throw in some random stretching and ab bridges, and you've got a quick easy way to make sure you're doing enough to not get fat, provided, of course, that you're not eating like a pig every day.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
there's nothing wrong with machines for a noob. they're simple to do and require much less attention to form.

anyways good luck foo. post again in a month

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
there's nothing wrong with machines for a noob. they're simple to do and require much less attention to form.

anyways good luck foo. post again in a month

I used machines when I started. Definitely helped to get the form down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics