• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heath Ledger RIP

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
I knew this would happen.
?!

Do you have second sight or something? I didn't really think about Heath at all until I read the headlines this morning.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Regarding the pills, I recall reading an interview which stated that while preparing for the part of the Joker he had fucked up his sleep patterns, and perhaps he didn't full recover from that, which lead to the pills which lead to the accidental OD.
frown.gif

Jon.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
It sure doesnt sound like suicide since he had a massage scheduled that afternoon....if anything you'd off yourself AFTER the massage, not before.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
?!

Do you have second sight or something? I didn't really think about Heath at all until I read the headlines this morning.

Yes.
satisfied.gif

No. I mean, in regards to folks like the WBC and fundies in general making a deal of his "Brokeback" role That's the very first thing I thought of yesterday. I then went to the bank and the teller mentions his death then says, "I really liked him until he did that gay movie." And now the protest. People...
frown.gif

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Regarding the pills, I recall reading an interview which stated that while preparing for the part of the Joker he had fucked up his sleep patterns, and perhaps he didn't full recover from that, which lead to the pills which lead to the accidental OD.
frown.gif

Jon.

My hunch is: Autopsy will not confirm OD. It would be ruled sudden death (heart failure).
Pathologist would confirm some Ambien in his system, but not at life threatening levels.
If my hunch is correct I would have a pretty good idea what he died from.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
My hunch is: Autopsy will not confirm OD. It would be ruled sudden death (heart failure).
Pathologist would confirm some Ambien in his system, but not at life threatening levels.
If my hunch is correct I would have a pretty good idea what he died from.

I agree with you.
frown.gif

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
Add me to those who had no idea that Anne Hathaway was even in Brokeback, much less topless. I've only ever seen her in 'Prada' (God help me), so I can't help but find her annoying, but the woman has the goods.

Watch Havoc.

Verdi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
frown.gif

Jon.

That's so sad.

For those of you who haven't seen "Two Hands", it's a great movie.

hi-val

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
jesus christ, I hate that ******* church. They even twisted the bible verses to work to their benefit, rather than the normal translation. If anyone has seen the leader's sister on TV you can tell she is fucked in the head.

This organization keeps in money because they are all lawyers and they thrive on lawsuits when their rights are infringed. When the local cops come out and kick them off the streets, they sue the city for 1.2mil and keep their stuff up. If people didn't feed their trolling and just ignored them, they'd evaporate.

One community, upon finding out that the WBC would be in town, organized a fundraiser. For each minute that they preached, people pledged to donate X dollars to AIDS research/treatment charities. The longer they spewed hatred, the more money was raised to help people out. That's the way you combat these people, not by throwing hate right back at them.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hi-val
This organization keeps in money because they are all lawyers and they thrive on lawsuits when their rights are infringed. .

Although I don't know, I doubt they're all lawyers. Nor would there be any advantage in that. You only need one lawyer or at least one law firm, to represent you in stuff like that. There's no advantage gained by having all the plaintiffs by lawyers, too.

fortune

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Although I don't know, I doubt they're all lawyers. Nor would there be any advantage in that. You only need one lawyer or at least one law firm, to represent you in stuff like that. There's no advantage gained by having all the plaintiffs by lawyers, too.

They've got a law firm but they're not ALL lawyers.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fortune
Anyone see this yet? I think this is absurd and beyond rediculous. People honestly can't stand for this ****. I realize don't give into what they're doing but sometimes...:

heathrj9.jpg

This is very sad. An entire church twisting the Bible's words.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
There's no advantage gained by having all the plaintiffs by lawyers, too.
Yeah, we're pains in the a$$.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Police Give New Details on Ledger Death

By Al Baker

The masseuse who discovered the body of Heath Ledger in a Manhattan apartment on Tuesday twice called a friend of his, the actress Mary-Kate Olsen, before calling 911, New York City police officials said on Wednesday. The officials, who provided new details about Mr. Ledger's death, emphasized that no illegal drugs were found in the apartment and that there were no obvious signs of suicide.

According to the police, around 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, a housekeeper, Teresa Solomon, arrived at the apartment, at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, to do household chores. At about 1 p.m., she went into Mr. Ledger's bedroom to change a light bulb in an adjacent bathroom; she found him on the bed face down, with the sheet pulled up to his shoulders, and heard him snoring.

A masseuse, Diana Wolozin, arrived to give Mr. Ledger a massage about 2:45 p.m. At 3 p.m., after Mr. Ledger did not emerge from his bedroom, with the door closed, the masseuse called him on his cellphone but got no answer. She entered the bedroom and saw him lying in bed. She took a massage table out of the closet and began to set it up near his bed. She then went over to him and shook him, but got no response. Using his cellphone, she used a speed-dial button to call Ms. Olsen in California to seek her guidance, knowing Ms. Olsen to be a friend of Mr. Ledger's.

According to the authorities, Ms. Wolozin told Ms. Olsen that Mr. Ledger was unconscious. Ms. Olsen said she would call some private security people she knew in New York, and hung up. Ms. Wolozin again shook Mr. Ledger, called Ms. Olsen a second time, and said she believed the situation was grave and would call 911.

Ms. Wolozin called 911 at 3:26 p.m. to say that Mr. Ledger was not breathing. The call occurred less than 15 minutes since she had first seen him in bed and only a few moments after the first call to Ms. Olsen. The 911 operator urged Ms. Wolozin to try to revive Mr. Ledger, but Ms. Wolozin's efforts were not successful.

Emergency medical workers arrived at 3:33 p.m., at almost exactly the same moment as a private security guard summoned by Ms. Olsen. The medical workers moved his body to the floor and then used a defibrillator and CPR, to no avail. Mr. Ledger was pronounced dead at 3:36 p.m. By that point, two other private security guards summoned by Ms. Olsen had arrived, as had police officers.

The police said that all five witnesses "” Ms. Solomon, the housekeeper; Ms. Wolozin, the masseuse; and the three private security guards summoned by Ms. Olsen "” were fully cooperating with the authorities.

The police said they were conducting tests on a rolled-up $20 bill found in Mr. Ledger's apartment, but emphasized that there was no evidence that the bill had been used to handle illegal drugs. No illegal narcotics or alcohol was found in the apartment. Prescription sleeping pills were found near the body, but it is not known if the medication played a role in his death.

The police said they were looking to examine any surveillance videos from the apartment building and the surrounding area but were also awaiting the results of an investigation by the New York City chief medical examiner. The office conducted an autopsy early Wednesday morning but said that the results were inconclusive and that additional testing was needed.

The death of Mr. Ledger, 28, the Australian-born actor whose breakthrough role as a gay cowboy in the 2005 movie "Brokeback Mountain" earned him a nomination for an Academy Award, has attracted international attention.

Sewell Chan contributed reporting.
nytimes update

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads