• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heath Ledger RIP

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
nytimes update

Kudos to the masseuse for calling 911 despite Olsen's suggestion that she call "some private security people she knew in New York". Maybe I'm overly cynical, but that suggests volumes to me about Olsen's priorities and values in the face of a potential crisis.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Kudos to the masseuse for calling 911 despite Olsen's suggestion that she call "some private security people she knew in New York". Maybe I'm overly cynical, but that suggests volumes to me about Olsen's priorities and values in the face of a potential crisis.

some of the comments are funny.

She called Mary-Kate Olsen TWICE? What on earth for? I realize she was probably in shock and blah blah blah but how flipping hard is it to dial 911? I can only hope that poor Heath was already dead and her ridiculous actions and time wasting did not contribute to his death.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some of the comments are funny.

Originally Posted by exasperated comment
She called Mary-Kate Olsen TWICE? What on earth for? I realize she was probably in shock and blah blah blah but how flipping hard is it to dial 911? I can only hope that poor Heath was already dead and her ridiculous actions and time wasting did not contribute to his death.

Clearly the second call was intended to get a second opinion from Ashley Olsen and she just dialed wrong. who can tell them apart anyway?

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
This is disturbing, though
Using his cellphone, she used a speed-dial button to call Ms. Olsen in California to seek her guidance, knowing Ms. Olsen to be a friend of Mr. Ledger's.
Rather than just call 911 with your own phone, you waste God-knows-how-much time fiddling through the speed dial directory of a phone you're not familiar with? Sounds like she had the same dubious priorities as MKO.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Quirk
This is disturbing, though

Rather than just call 911 with your own phone, you waste God-knows-how-much time fiddling through the speed dial directory of a phone you're not familiar with? Sounds like she had the same dubious priorities as MKO.

True.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is somewhat disturbing, but I would imagine it's standard practice for anyone who works with celebrities. I'm sure they are often "unresponsive" while not being in any real danger, and calling 911 just means tabloid exposure and speculation. (Or drug charges, etc.)

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
According to Superficial: --Police found a rolled up $20 bill with "narcotic residue" on it in the apartment where Heath Ledger was found dead yesterday, according to CBS News: Sources add they also found several drug packets containing an unknown substance. CBS 2 has learned these items were all listed on the official police report from the scene.To be clear, it's still unknown whether these items belonged to Ledger or whether he even actually ingested them.-- Apparently, Jack Nicholson was asked to say a few words about Keith last night. All he said was, "I warned him."
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice thing to say. Anyone who thinks X Olsen wouldn't normally have drugs and drug-coated things around would have to be nuts, but who knows.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
From a friend of mine, who is an actress, and knew Heath Ledger: (slightly edited by me for readability purposes, she's an actress - not a writer)
I just wanted to say good bye to a really wonderful and beautiful person. Although I haven't seen him about 9 years he had a huge impact on my life. I was so lucky to spend alot of time with him, having fun and going to alot of amazing places together. Most of all I want everyone to know that he was one the most generous and beautiful guys I have ever met. Even though we were just friends he treated me like the most beautiful person in the world and when he was in love boy could he love someone like no other. I was always hoping to see him one more time and always thought that I would, but I am just so glad for the time that I did get to spend with him. I am just so sad that his daughter won't get to know the type of man he was because he would have been the most amazing dad. I hope everyone who reads this will know that he truly was a great, wonderful, romantic,beautiful and so amazingly talented man, and we all have our problems with things but he truly should not be remembered by that. I guess I just should be happy that my last moments with him were moments more like a movie I have ever experienced. Thank you Heath for being so great to me in the times that we shared. I was lucky to have been with you and cherish the amazing memories I had with you. You will be missed so much!

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alright guys, be honest here, how many have you here have paid for a movie JUST BECAUSE Heath Ledger was in it? I never have, sad to say....Christian Bale on the other hand..

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
alright guys, be honest here, how many have you here have paid for a movie JUST BECAUSE Heath Ledger was in it? I never have, sad to say....Christian Bale on the other hand..

I, to this point, have not. BUT I was fully intending on paying for The Dark Knight SPECIFICALLY in the hopes that Heath Ledger would be amazing.

I still intend on paying to see it BTW. Nothing has changed.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I still intend on paying to see it BTW. Nothing has changed.
Warner Bros. or who ever is doing the movie is going to make a ton of extra money on it because of this though.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Warner Bros. or who ever is doing the movie is going to make a ton of extra money on it because of this though.

Maybe it was a conspiracy.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was thinking about the Heath Ledger/James Dean conversation earlier. I just can't see it happening.

I think Heath Ledger may become the new Brandon Lee instead.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
--Police found a rolled up $20 bill with "narcotic residue" on it in the apartment where Heath Ledger was found dead yesterday, according to CBS News:

An earlier report from CBS News in New York that illegal drugs and narcotics residue on a $20 bill were found in the home of deceased actor Heath Ledger has turned out to be untrue.

The Associated Press now reports:

"A rolled-up $20 bill was found near Heath Ledger's body, though no illegal drugs were found in his apartment, police said Wednesday.

The bill would be taken to a lab for testing, though no visible drug residue was found on it, police said."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads