• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you ever been Homeless?

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was a kid (2nd grade), my mom lost her job and we lost our apartment.

We (Mom, little sister, and me) lived in our car (VW bus) in a state park for a while. Then we lived on the covered porch of some people from our church for a while, then in the attic of some other people from our church. All told, it was about 3 months. Then my Mom sent us kids to live with the grandparents while she got back on her feet.

Shoe City Thinker

Reaction score
Four years ago the company I was working for was about to go out of business. I was being paid far below market rates (it was the lowest point in my existence). They needed to cut and cut fast. They were putting me up in an apartment as part of my compensation. They layed me off and told me that I had a week to get out of the apartment. I had no where to go. My mom and I get along as long we're not under the same roof so that was out. Thankfully I had family that put me in an apartment until I got back on my feet. Otherwise, I would of had to live in the local Salvation Army until I got things worked out.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent I slept in a car in, Bushwick and, Brighton Beach .The 2nd is better because you, can go for the banya at, 7am .

mondayc

Reaction score
I slept in a hammock for a week on a bike tour, but nothing that wasn't a personal choice.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of bohemian homeless right now. Been staying with friends, till I can find (and afford) my own place.

I guess it doesn't quite count, since I've been staying (and keeping all my stuff at) my dad's girlfriend's place.

BubblyMasquerade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I'm kind of bohemian homeless right now. Been staying with friends, till I can find (and afford) my own place.

I guess it doesn't quite count, since I've been staying (and keeping all my stuff at) my dad's girlfriend's place.

lol. wtf are you buying expensive ass clothing for then. :/ fail.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
I ran away at 13. Wasn't as bad as people might think. I lived in an old barn and built a fireplace(and didn't kill myself). Had a part time job at a convenience store. Went to school and got free meals and would shower and live out of my gym locker. Lived like that for 3.5 years til I went into the Army. This was over 20 years ago now.

I really enjoyed it and look back on that time in my life quite fondly.

I should really quit being so open on public forums LOL

That is pretty awesome, in a Cornelius Suttree kind of way. Much respect.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was homeless for a couple of days when I was around 14. I will NEVER forget those extremely cold nights.
frown.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My mother used to leave me at school a couple of nights per year.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BubblyMasquerade
lol. wtf are you buying expensive ass clothing for then. :/ fail.

Only transactions i've been doing with expensive clothes in the last couple months is selling them.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Only transactions i've been doing with expensive clothes in the last couple months is selling them.

If you need a place to stay you know you can have the other half of my bed baby.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads