• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone see this yet? I was under the impression it was in 3D... guess not?

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Did anyone see this yet? I was under the impression it was in 3D... guess not?

Haven't seen it yet, but it didn't get a 3D release

The film studio eventually had to abandon 2D-to-3D conversion for Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1, as they ran out of time to complete the project in 3D before the scheduled US and UK release date.
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/camer...0101120928.htm

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet but I hope they show The Prince's Tale. It was the only chapter I really enjoyed in the last book.

GlenCoe

Reaction score
I wanna punch his face

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The interest of seeing this film, which has been getting largely positive reviews, lies more in participating in the Harry Potter phenomenon than in appreciating the films themselves, most of which have been just decent (with the exception of #3, which was quite good).

I don't think pop culture has experienced a hunger this acute for a work of art since novelists like Dumas, Dickens, and Hugo published their most popular novels as serialized chapters in 19th century newspapers, leaving readers desperate for more each time.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched a pre-screening and LOVED it. It's worth watching for sure.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
The interest of seeing this film, which has been getting largely positive reviews, lies more in participating in the Harry Potter phenomenon than in appreciating the films themselves, most of which have been just decent (with the exception of #3, which was quite good).

I don't think pop culture has experienced a hunger this acute for a work of art since novelists like Dumas, Dickens, and Hugo published their most popular novels as serialized chapters in 19th century newspapers, leaving readers desperate for more each time.

Agree, and interesting observation re: the newspapers. I wonder what would happen if that sort of distribution were resumed - would people actually read again.

FWIW, I am looking forward to seeing these last two movies: I very much liked the sixth installment and thought the final book was exceptional.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I find it slightly odd, though not totally unexpected, the number of grown men who get excited over a Harry Potter movie.

smile.gif

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I find it slightly odd, though not totally unexpected, the number of grown men who get excited over a Harry Potter movie.

smile.gif

How about women?
biggrin.gif

noobedloser

Reaction score
a good majority of the movie is filled with non sense, gotta read to book to understand which i didnt

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the one and a half pages I've read of the first book I deduced there is so much better (written) fantasy around. Just thought I should let you people know.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ well no one cares, so piss off.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
^^ well no one cares, so piss off.
If that is directed at me, you're probabbly right. Reading childrens books and not having a care in the world go hand in hand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads