• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

xchen

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2007
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
8
Did anyone see this yet? I was under the impression it was in 3D... guess not?
 

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
18
Originally Posted by xchen
Did anyone see this yet? I was under the impression it was in 3D... guess not?

Haven't seen it yet, but it didn't get a 3D release

The film studio eventually had to abandon 2D-to-3D conversion for Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 1, as they ran out of time to complete the project in 3D before the scheduled US and UK release date.
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/camer...0101120928.htm
 

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
19,659
Reaction score
4,627
I haven't seen it yet but I hope they show The Prince's Tale. It was the only chapter I really enjoyed in the last book.
 

GlenCoe

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2010
Messages
965
Reaction score
2
I wanna punch his face
 

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
3,673
Reaction score
8
The interest of seeing this film, which has been getting largely positive reviews, lies more in participating in the Harry Potter phenomenon than in appreciating the films themselves, most of which have been just decent (with the exception of #3, which was quite good).

I don't think pop culture has experienced a hunger this acute for a work of art since novelists like Dumas, Dickens, and Hugo published their most popular novels as serialized chapters in 19th century newspapers, leaving readers desperate for more each time.
 

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
13,178
Reaction score
1,846
I watched a pre-screening and LOVED it. It's worth watching for sure.
 

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
29,128
Reaction score
1,318
Originally Posted by holymadness
The interest of seeing this film, which has been getting largely positive reviews, lies more in participating in the Harry Potter phenomenon than in appreciating the films themselves, most of which have been just decent (with the exception of #3, which was quite good).

I don't think pop culture has experienced a hunger this acute for a work of art since novelists like Dumas, Dickens, and Hugo published their most popular novels as serialized chapters in 19th century newspapers, leaving readers desperate for more each time.


Agree, and interesting observation re: the newspapers. I wonder what would happen if that sort of distribution were resumed - would people actually read again.

FWIW, I am looking forward to seeing these last two movies: I very much liked the sixth installment and thought the final book was exceptional.
 

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Joined
Apr 28, 2004
Messages
19,178
Reaction score
14
I find it slightly odd, though not totally unexpected, the number of grown men who get excited over a Harry Potter movie.

 

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
4,658
Reaction score
57
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I find it slightly odd, though not totally unexpected, the number of grown men who get excited over a Harry Potter movie.



How about women?
 

noobedloser

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
398
Reaction score
64
a good majority of the movie is filled with non sense, gotta read to book to understand which i didnt
 

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
5,065
Reaction score
183
From the one and a half pages I've read of the first book I deduced there is so much better (written) fantasy around. Just thought I should let you people know.
 

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
13,178
Reaction score
1,846
^^ well no one cares, so piss off.
 

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
5,065
Reaction score
183
Originally Posted by Mauro
^^ well no one cares, so piss off.
If that is directed at me, you're probabbly right. Reading childrens books and not having a care in the world go hand in hand.
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,141
Messages
9,192,674
Members
193,092
Latest member
bhopalclinic010

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top