• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hair style proportionate to head?

phatty123

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the same problem as me. I generally have like spikey hair sort. But whenever i take a hair cut and cut my hair short, i look like a kid. I'm 21 and look maybe a little bit younger than what i really am. I am also asian which can explain why i might look younger.

But whenever i cut my hair short, i look like i could be 12. I don't know. It's like I have to have spikey hair or else i look real young. My head is also pretty big which is why i have to have spikey sort of hair to be proportionate to my head. It's like if you put my hairstyle after i get a haircut on another guys head, they would look right but when its me, it looks WAY too short. People even say you cut your hair real short.

Anyone like this?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I used to have people cut my hair and it would always end up being/looking too short. I think part of the problem was that they were cutting it so perfectly and cleanly that it would all line up and sit flatter against my head. Ever since I started cutting it myself I haven't had this problem. It needs to look a little messier IMO or it looks really bad.

Ironically though, the last time I cut it all completely off with clippers I didn't look 12, I looked kind of scary instead. But at the time I had been working out a bit so I was thicker.

Anyway, maybe you need a less "neat" look, or to bulk up, or get some scars or something.

phatty123

Reaction score
What do you use to cut your own hair? I try but it always look way uneven. You use scissors or that hair cut machine? Its very hard for me to do it.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Scissors, in the shower... luckily my hair is wavy so it doesn't need to be perfect or even close to look acceptable, but I have gotten much better at it.

I suggest bandage scissors (?), which is what I use - one side is dull and the other one is sharp, so you can turn them one way to lessen the chance of cutting your fingers.

impass101

Reaction score
I know exactly what the op means. I have gotten my hair cut too short countless times which leads to a long period of an awkward feeling. The youngness that the haircut portrays is only compounded by the fact that I already look young for a 19 year old. (I am young but not 15 young!)

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been cutting my own hair since 11th grade. I can't stand sitting in a barbers chair.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brap
http://www.aetv.com/growing_up_gotti...photo_john.jpg

Does anyone know what that hairstyle is called?

The guido special?

guidos.jpg

Mblova

Reaction score

p.trick

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm missing something, but my solution would simply be not to have it cut as short. I feel that I have a large head (relative to the rest of my body anyways) and lately I've been wearing my hair a little longer on top at ~2 inches with a 1 fade instead of .5 inch with a 0 fade. Though I wouldn't look nine years younger, I would always hate the first couple of weeks after I got a haircut at the shorter length as it didn't allow much flexibility in styling.

Nowadays I generally do the messy or "pieced" look or if I need to be more conservative for business/formal occassions, I keep it down and toss the front around a bit. Considering how fine and straight Asian hair is though, I've ditched the gel in favor of paste or pomade to achieve the amount of separation I desire instead of clumping up into "blades." Much to my dismay, I hardly ever get carded anymore after I've finally turned legal.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is your favorite character in that picture? I like the guy second from the left who looks like he is 10 years old. The guy in the pink shirt with the Darque Tan (read: lobster) is a huge tool, clearly. Then there's the guy with the button-up popped shirt collar AND the guy with the "facial hair."

That thing is like an Ansel Adams or a Matthew Brady, iconic in its depiction of American life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads