• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H&M Beverly Center..?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I have far more reservation going to 3rd St Promenade than the Bev Center. In general parking garages suck because if it's crowded you end up in that dreaded train of cars that you can't get out of, and you're thinking "****, there needs to be 10 more open spaces before I can park"

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I have far more reservation going to 3rd St Promenade than the Bev Center. In general parking garages suck because if it's crowded you end up in that dreaded train of cars that you can't get out of, and you're thinking "****, there needs to be 10 more open spaces before I can park"

I always park on 2nd street, in the one that looks like the office building out of the Matrix. It's like $5 and worth it cuz noone parks there haha

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I always park on 2nd street, in the one that looks like the office building out of the Matrix. It's like $5 and worth it cuz noone parks there haha
Or hell, even the mall. You don't have to pay until what, 5pm? and then I think it's $5 for the day, too.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I park at the mall, but dread going in there since the only time I'm there is when everyone else has decided to go (weekends). My favorite mall to park at is SCPlaza, with its wide open horizon of endless parking....and i've never not found a good spot on the Nordstrom's side where you enter thru the men's dept.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have the best spot for south coast, even during xmas time I always find a spot
bigstar[1].gif

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
It isn't THAT bad. No worse than any other large shopping center in LA (Grove, 3rd St. Promenade, etc.)......

I don't have any problems going to the Grove. Though the parking might be a little frustrating, it's not a mad rush and entering and exiting is simple, with nice signal lights. And at worst, you just keep driving up til you find parking. I cannot stand 3rd Street or Hollywood and Highland.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
just curious if anyone is brave enough to check this out today...if so, what they thought?

Ima head down tomorrow before lunch to see what's about...and bail if the line is *too* long

presidentofvice

Reaction score
long time lurker, first time poster! i just got back from the beverly center. There was a modest wait of 15min or so to get in. of course it was pandemonium inside: long lines for fitting rooms and long checkout lines. people with piles of clothes in their arms running around like mad. The women's viktor and rolf section was completely decimated, but the men's seemed to be mostly intact. looked like they were running out of the overcoat though. I narrowly escaped with my life and a merino wool cardi. the store itself was a decent size but pretty small compared to H&M stores I've been too in SF, NYC and London.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always make sure to do 3rd street in the morning, and most of the time I go to Fred Segal so I just park there and walk down to 3rd afterwards (never stay too long tho)

The Grove is also hell.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Went today around noon...no wait to get in but was pretty crowded inside. They had a lot of good looking items, tons of great sweaters, lots of different military jackets, 4 different styles of peacoats, lots of suits, tons of sportjackets....I thought the selection was really f'ing good but despite walking around with a pile of clothes, I only ended up buyign 2 pairs of socks since I didnt really need anything and didnt want to just buy for the sake of it and have it sit in my dresser for years and get worn once. But if someone wants to start a wardrobe or just add select pieces, there was a LOT of good stuff that could be incorporated into most any personal style. My fiancee bought a bunch of stuff tho so she was stoked.

price-wise, most sweaters were about $20, military M-65 style jackets $50-60, peacoats $80+, dress shirts $40, suits $249, wool sportjackets $159, corduroy sportjackets $60 etc etc

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't realize it was open. Maybe I'll go tomorrow, and show up right when it opens :p

TrojanGarb

Reaction score
Went Friday, the place was packed. But really no wait in line; they just staggered entrances every 3 or 4 minutes, no big deal. Its a really odd layout. It's all on one floor, but theres like 3 big "rooms" because the area is split up by walls and dressing rooms, it feels like a giant "W".

Anyway, there was quite a bit of cool stuff for guys. The guys section made up the entire middle section and the front strip of the store. The abundance of sweaters popped out at me. Pretty much all the V&R stuff was gone, they had some peacoats in 40+. They were actually quite heavy, overkill for California imo. I saw one of those tuxedos lying around someone tossed aside... it felt substantial but it better be good for the price of $299!

Fun little surprise for me: I ended up buying a button up shirt and a l/s tee. I found the T-shirt in the rack of $12.90s, but oddly this one was marked only 7.90. It looks the same so i figured I'd try it out. Then I realized it was marked 7.90 EURO. They forgot to change the tag, but I figured I'd see what the cash register said. It actually rang up for $7.90. Score, saved 5 bucks! *hint hint* if its a euro tag you can save a little bit, and see how big the markup is for the US
confused.gif

ts4them

Reaction score
You guys should try the t-shirts if you haven't already. They have the best cut t-shirts for $6.00; slim fit, not too long and nice cotton for the price. The sleeves on most of them (they have several types), are nice and short and cup the shoulder slightly so they make your arms/shoulders look good,lol. I hate t-shirts where the sleeves bell out to the sides!!!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Checked it out today, no line to get in but filled with a bunch of doucherockets (credit ddml). Lots of nice girls floating around the mall too. Back on topic, some cool stuff but honestly I have no desire to buy anything because I'm doing the whole buy the best thing right now.

Went to american rag also, the denim bar opened about ten days ago and you skinny jean guys will be all over it. Seemed nice but of course they didn't have any of the w+h stuff I wanted.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JET
Checked it out today, no line to get in but filled with a bunch of doucherockets (credit ddml). Lots of nice girls floating around the mall too. Back on topic, some cool stuff but honestly I have no desire to buy anything because I'm doing the whole buy the best thing right now.

Went to american rag also, the denim bar opened about ten days ago and you skinny jean guys will be all over it. Seemed nice but of course they didn't have any of the w+h stuff I wanted.

I went sunday too, and yes... definitely a mall with nice looking women :p I'll have to check out the denim bar, did they have any cool Japanese stuff? I'm kind of interested in seeing their Evisu mini store, maybe they sell stuff without gulls, hehe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads