• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

Kengs

Reaction score
from the AAC Silencer Shoot yesterday - BIG thanks to AAC's Mike Mers for inviting me and some buddies
9725_168921579551_598514551_3809641_2225334_n.jpg
9725_168922259551_598514551_3809675_7706913_n.jpg
9725_168922274551_598514551_3809676_3926216_n.jpg
9725_168922334551_598514551_3809679_351868_n.jpg

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got one of the Colt Tactical Rimfire (lolz) yesterday. No chance to shoot it yet, but it's not bad. The stock is the cheapest 3 or 4-position they could fine (serviceable), the sights are pretty good, trigger feels a touch heavy.

Thinking I may order a RRA lower with the two-stage trigger and a Magpul stock, then splurge on a dedicated .22lr upper from Spike's Tactical or CMMG. ~$900 all told, but probably worth the extra cost. I'll sell the Colt to my dad for no loss.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
kengs, very nice spread. I saw a vid on ar15.com where a guy was firing the Bushmaster ACR (suppressed, of course). Supposedly they gave away two ACRs at the shoot as prizes. I hope the ACR makes it to the civvie market soon (end of 2010?).

Kengs

Reaction score
Yep, they gave away a TON of stuff. Portion of ticket proceeds went to benefit Wounded Warrior Project (I am also a corporate sponsor), which was very cool. www.aacblog.com ACR is pretty awesome - but I'll gladly settle for my 10.5" Larue/LMT combo AR.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
this looks like a really cool gun for light carry... /IMG] Anyone has any experience?
I looked at one at the store, but decided my Kel-Tec P3AT is better - a little lighter, problem free functioning and a hard chrome slide. Failry accurate and easy to shoot under stress (DA only). Great pocket pistol when carried in a Galco pocket holster. I just wish they could make one in 9x18mm! EDIT: I love the Crimson Trace lasers on my handguns, too.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this looks like a really cool gun for light carry...
DSC05201.jpg
Anyone has any experience?

I personally would never carry anything that small. It's light and tiny, sure...but guns of that size are incredibly hard to shoot accurately. In a high pressure situation, you could run into problems hitting anything that was not point blank range. My Glock 26 is about as small as I would go, IMO. Occasionally I'll carry a s&w snub nose .38, but hardly ever.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My parents gave me an extra LCP. It's better than expected (trigger is heavy but crisp enough for good accuracy within 10 yards), no failures to feed or anything.

I wouldn't feel very good about carrying either it or a P3AT for defense - in the heat of the moment I would want something more substantial in my hand. I'd rather work around clothing issues than carry something that feels unnatural.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
My parents gave me an extra LCP. It's better than expected (trigger is heavy but crisp enough for good accuracy within 10 yards), no failures to feed or anything.

I wouldn't feel very good about carrying either it or a P3AT for defense - in the heat of the moment I would want something more substantial in my hand. I'd rather work around clothing issues than carry something that feels unnatural.

GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW
plain.gif
plain.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW
plain.gif
plain.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
EDIT: I love my pocket .380 for daily carry. If I was really expecting trouble I would carry something heavier, but there's no way I'm lugging a double-stack .45 around day-in, day-out! I also regularly carry this 12oz. .357 magnum:
340pd-P3AT-Comp1Small.jpg

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there are two lcps in my family that were used for concealed carry and both have been replaced by sr9's ( my dad and brother love ruger autos. no, i dont know why either). yes, the lcp was recalled (as was the sr9). whoever commented on the accuracy of the lcp must have gotten lucky. i have seen groupings that were as far off as 3ft from 5yds so that crimson trace **** is next to worthless unless your zero it to your off-target groupings. small guns are notoriously hard to handle as well, with very few exceptions, and the triggers almost always suck incredibly bad. ive shot the lcp and kel-tec and dont like either. furthermore, i would not want to bet my life on either. on another note, of the 3 guys i know who carry concealed regularly, 2 carry service model 1911s which have truly crisp triggers

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

EDIT:

I love my pocket .380 for daily carry. If I was really expecting trouble I would carry something heavier, but there's no way I'm lugging a double-stack .45 around day-in, day-out!

I also regularly carry this 12oz. .357 magnum:

340pd-P3AT-Comp1Small.jpg

im a big wheelgun fan, but the problem is that nobody wants to take the time to learn how to shoot them properly. i wont say that the .380 cartridge sucks, but a lot of the guns that utilize it do. i see your kel-tec clip there. and the 1911 is traditionally single stack

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a Walther PPS that's just about perfect for carry, IMO. Thin, light, but substantial in the hand.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
I've got a Walther PPS that's just about perfect for carry, IMO. Thin, light, but substantial in the hand.

i thought about getting one. never shot one but i heard that slide bite was a problem

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads