• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Great, my university is involved in a witch-hunt

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I heard a rather disturbing rumor from a student in my class: She told me that someone from the government had come and told the University Dean/Superintendant (who told the teachers, who told the students, etc.) that the US government had sent some spies to China to try and influence the students and start a revolution, and thus the students should inform the police if there is any suspicious activity involving foreigners or student gathetings. At the moment, I am deeply troubled by the implications of a 1960's style "red scare" witch hunt. This country is so fucked up.
facepalm.gif

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I heard a rather disturbing rumor from a student in my class: She told me that someone from the government had come and told the University Dean/Superintendant (who told the teachers, who told the students, etc.) that the US government had sent some spies to China to try and influence the students and start a revolution, and thus the students should inform the police if there is any suspicious activity involving foreigners or student gathetings. At the moment, I am deeply troubled by the implications of a 1960's style "red scare" witch hunt. This country is so fucked up.
facepalm.gif

what grade levels do you teach Eason?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
what grade levels do you teach Eason?

At the moment I am only teaching Freshman

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the moment I am only teaching Freshman
Then you should be fine. It's the sophomores/juniors that tend to organize ****. I'm surprised you have this much internet latitude. I'd be quite paranoid some government henchman is reading all my posts and takes notes.
tinfoil.gif

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the bright side, if you were working in Kenya, they would be looking for actual witches.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
so now you're gonna get a spy tailing you? I've experienced how unbelievably efficient and effective these guys are if they want to find you. I guess they'd won't really bother you, but knowing that someone might be following you around or asking about your profile from the higher ups is a *****.

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
China is our enemy.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I guess in this thread we shouldn't mention things like the Jasmine Revolution or Tianamen Square?

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
so now you're gonna get a spy tailing you? I've experienced how unbelievably efficient and effective these guys are if they want to find you. I guess they'd won't really bother you, but knowing that someone might be following you around or asking about your profile from the higher ups is a *****.

a bicurious racist biotch? Nah..bro. They don't exist.
laugh.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Then you should be fine. It's the sophomores/juniors that tend to organize ****. I'm surprised you have this much internet latitude. I'd be quite paranoid some government henchman is reading all my posts and takes notes.
tinfoil.gif

I no longer use the internet directly, ever, I'm using a (relatively) secure paid VPN with around 48 seperate servers.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I no longer use the internet directly, ever, I'm using a (relatively) secure paid VPN with around 48 seperate servers.
Why don't you just take the Singapore job and get out man? China is pretty tense right now...with the Uygher uprising in the Nothwest and this whole Middle East copycat protest steaming to burst any minute in the major cities...

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NaTionS
So I guess in this thread we shouldn't mention things like the Jasmine Revolution or Tianamen Square?

No, especially not those. Additionally, you shouldn't mention His Holiness the Dalai Lama, the Independant Country of Taiwan, ethnic unrest in Xin Jiang, or the countless human rights abuses committed by the local and central Chinese governments.

Why don't you just take the Singapore job and get out man? China is pretty tense right now...with the Uygher uprising in the Nothwest and this whole Middle East copycat protest steaming to burst any minute in the major cities...

Believe me, I am very much considering it.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, especially not those. Additionally, you shouldn't mention His Holiness the Dalai Lama, the Independant Country of Taiwan, ethnic unrest in Xin Jiang, or the countless human rights abuses committed by the local and central Chinese governments.

Believe me, I am very much considering it.

Besides the lowball one, any other offers?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Besides the lowball one, any other offers?

No, haven't even been looking because I'd been planning on staying here to lecture in sport science/nutrition next term.
confused.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads