• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gran Torino

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was laughing pretty hard during some parts. When he confronts the African-American 'hoods, the one Asian gangster, etc. Clint to the white wannabe gangster: "Shut up, *****."
laugh.gif

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just came back from watching it, and overall I enjoyed it. Eastwood played the role well.

FinalBoss

Reaction score
Eastwood was awesome but the rest of the actors sucked. Apparently this was their first go at it. The whole movie had a low budget indie feel to it because of the terrible Hmong actors. Again, Eastwood was awesome.

HatMagnet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I was laughing pretty hard during some parts. When he confronts the African-American 'hoods, the one Asian gangster, etc.

Clint to the white wannabe gangster: "Shut up, *****."
laugh.gif

Theres a short interview with Eastwood in this month's Esquire. He thinks a lot of people are pussies.
smile.gif

turboman808

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this movie. But I am far removed from the politically correct so I find his character funny as hell.

I laughed ****** off so much during the movie I was getting looks from others in the audience. At the end they had Eastwood singing this song about his Gran Torino that just sent me over the top and I left laughing.

I had a great time and even my girlfriend commented on how much I was laughing.

I just wish my friend Menace would have been there. We share a somewhat warped sense of humor and we would have laughed even more with the 2 of us there.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
I really enjoyed this movie. But I am far removed from the politically correct so I find his character funny as hell.

I laughed ****** off so much during the movie I was getting looks from others in the audience. At the end they had Eastwood singing this song about his Gran Torino that just sent me over the top and I left laughing.

I had a great time and even my girlfriend commented on how much I was laughing.

I just wish my friend Menace would have been there. We share a somewhat warped sense of humor and we would have laughed even more with the 2 of us there.

Do you guys really like Tucker Max?

I don't think 'politically correct' is what bothers most people about this movie. Rather, that is so horrifically stereotypical and stupid.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Overall, I liked the movie. End was a bit predictable and the girl in the next door family clearly could not act. Indeed, Eastwood did really great acting in some scenes and the rest were in a high school production by comparison. that said, still fun - and funny as hell in a lot of places.

mert54

Reaction score
I really liked it, however when Eastwood first met the family it seemed very awkward. He was awesome in it.

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
HatMagnet;1597497 said:
Originally Posted by Seanallen
"I was high as giraffe *****"

I know I'm sleep-deprived but that is the funniest damn thing I've seen all day.
laugh.gif

"high as a hippie in a helicopter" is good, too, but I might try using "giraffe *****" once in a while.

To stay on track, I haven't seen GT yet but I'm a big Clint fan from way back and I'm thinking about violating my wait-till-it-comes-on-satellite policy.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good. Ol' piss and vinegar Clint! Yes, it wasn't the best written or acted movie I've seen him in but it was entertaining and pretty funny. The ended was disappointing, I really expected more. Clint singing in the end credit more than made up for that though!

I recommend watching it for free. The DVD screener is available on all torrent sites.

twotrey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
My theory on this movie is that Eastwood is that way in real life and no one told him they were filming a movie.

Liked the movie alright enough but would not recommend it to anybody. As for my man Clint, did anybody catch an interview a few years back where the journalist tried asking him about his many kids? Clint's face just switched on the poor fool and over the next minute I witnessed the most intimidating/menacing expression and tone as he made it clear the line of questioning should be changed. I'm sure the interviewer pretty much **** his pants on the spot.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really enjoyed it. Redemption with a sledgehammer, but excellent nonetheless. I liked the Korean family more than others here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics