• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Google Checkout FAQ (?)

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
True, but I use Google far more than I use anything else. And they've become omnipresent for most folks, I think. It's the monopoly they're developing that really gives me the willies. It's like Microsoft, only more invasive.
It's a pretty reasonable concern. Really, though, do you have anything to [URL='http://charlenecroft.wordpress.com/2007/04/27/facebook-privacy-and-data-mining/']be worried[/URL] about? I suggest we all sit back and relax. Everything's really just going to be fine.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the fact that all digital events are never really deleted, but just stored somewhere, is an issue every company is dealing with, not just google. You have to look at what each entity has shown tendency to do. I've heard of the federal government doing massive anti-terror sweeps and investigating thousands of people at a time for no reason. I may be wrong but I've never heard of google doing that or helping with that.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I use my debit card with GC. Anyone can use GC without an account. None of these criticisms are legitimate, and Paypal rapes children, so, really, epic fail.

Please reread, I do not simply use my debit card but I have a paypal issued debit card so if I ever want to grab my paypal money from an ATM, I can. So, you misread my post and you used the interweb-nerd term "epic fail". I would say that the failure of epic proportions has been you!

It is also a known fact that Google funnels money to Al Qaeda.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I funded quite a bit of terrorism when I smoked that weed last week. good ****

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Please reread, I do not simply use my debit card but I have a paypal issued debit card so if I ever want to grab my paypal money from an ATM, I can. So, you misread my post and you used the interweb-nerd term "epic fail". I would say that the failure of epic proportions has been you! It is also a known fact that Google funnels money to Al Qaeda.
Oh no I have committed terrarisms.
frown.gif

johnpemberton

Reaction score
I use Google checkout for purchases and as a merchant. It is an excellent way of trading online - far simpler than paypal. For merchants, there is good fraud protection, and a good payment tracking facility. 5*

johnpemberton

Reaction score
I think we can get too obsessed with worrying about how google is keeping information. I personally dont care what info is stored about me digitally, as I can do nothing about it. People can find more about me, by following me in a car, seeing where I live and opening my bins!

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a free web-hosting/blog service, such as blogspot, Google Sites, etc., that is compatable with Google Checkout? I basically want to add a 'checkout' button. Amazingly (not really), it does not work with Google Sites.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Please reread, I do not simply use my debit card but I have a paypal issued debit card so if I ever want to grab my paypal money from an ATM, I can. So, you misread my post and you used the interweb-nerd term "epic fail". I would say that the failure of epic proportions has been you!

It is also a known fact that Google funnels money to Al Qaeda.

Get it right.

Al Qaeda via the Taliban are massive heroin sellers on Ebay.

Being a good and responsible heroin seller, the Taliban accepts Paypal on their Ebay Heroin sales. So Google and Paypal are both guilty of aiding Al Qaeda.

PS: Have you ever wondered why some Ebay auctions seem to sell for absurd prices? Something like 10 or even 20X what you would expect. That's because these auctions are in reality means of selling heroin worldwide. Bear in mind that Paypal charges an additional 5% for heroin sales. Google will let you sell heroin at better rates but they want the heroin to be Green or organic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads