• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good quality business shirts

ElDiablo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a new poster on this forum but been viewing it for a while now.
I'm based in UK and currently having a wardrobe clearout and revamp.

I wondered if anybody could advise me please on purchasing good quality business shirts that are slim fit.
I've recently bought some fitted shirts from TM Lewin and initially was very happy with the overall cut and fit, but just a week or so after purchase a couple of the dogtooth shirts have a couple of loose threads after a wash, so not very optimistic on their lifespan. Obviously, you get what you pay for and I'm happy to pay more (within reason) for decent quality, fit and longevity.

I've tried Charles Tyrwhitt in the past which have been a bit of a mixed bag - overall happy with the design, cut, fit etc. but not been very impressed with their durability and longevity, some a nightmare to iron.

I used to buy Aquascutum shirts and still have a number that are years old and still going strong, but don't wear them much as they are not fitted and quite baggy. They are by far the best quality shirts I have had, but not sure how the current Aquascutum shirts are cut, so in two minds whether to try them again.

I'd be grateful if somebody could advise me.

Thanks

Adam

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a number of forum sponsors who sell shirts, as well as a number who provide MTM services. I would start with them and see if you can find what you are looking for.

thefringthing

Reaction score
Remember that you can get the torso of a shirt slimmed down by an alterations tailor fairly inexpensively.

huskiee

Reaction score
This is a problem I have found too ... there are many high quality slim fit shirts brands, but expensive.

There are many 3 for £90 (or close) offers ... but shirts aren’t that nice and don’t last long.

I between there are good deals on UK Jermyn street brands - but even the slim fit models are tent like.

Finding something which fits well OTR for a reasonable price can be tricky.

Here’s some to look at.

Expensive:
- Babrba:
- Borelli
- Finamore

All beautifully made slim fit shirts with excellent fabrics, cuts, and collars. Barbra is my favourite. These shirts usually are €200+ Retail but you can find them on sale pretty regularly at £90 - £110 where I think they are good value.

Less Expensive:
- Boggi - decent Italian shirts in decent cuts. I think around 70-100 retail but can often get these for 40-50 with sales or promotions. There is shop in London.

- Pink. I used to like the old pink shirts for the cuts and colours. They were (very) overpriced but had great sales where you could pick them up around. 40£ mark. About a year ago they were bought out by big fashion brand. The quality has gone up - and you can get them on sale around £70

- Boss. I found these fine for everyday shirts. Colours and fits nice - quality low. Haven’t bought them for a few years but at 40-50 (on sale) are ok. I prefer them to CT or TM L because cuts fit me better.
Very thin material which I liked for warm weather.

Drakes. Most jermyn st shirt makers cuts don’t work for me. I find them way too baggy. An exception is Drake which I like for oxfords. Still roomy but excellent quality. On sale £75 ish which is good value, and permanent 3 for 345£ offer ... which is still fine. These are high quality shirts.

Let me know what else you find!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads