• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Golf Attire

litho

Reaction score
Hi, I'd be interested in what you guys wear for golf.

I'm just going to top up on some golfing clothes, nothing too formal and realised it's not something i've ever really put much thought into - Perhaps because I didnt log into style forum last season!

suitsusid

Reaction score
Hugo Boss do a great range of golfing attire....if you want to be a little different. go for J.Lindberg if money no object too pricey for me especially for golf!

litho

Reaction score
i just found some Crocket polo tops in a tailored fit. very similar to RL slim fit but without the long tail

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't play a lot of golf, but when I do, I keep things slim and tailored. I hate the big billowy golf shirts that go down to your elbows. I also wear long pants unless it is brutally hot (and then I generally don't golf if possible). GQ did a "project upgrade" segment on golf attire that was pretty good in the May issue (with Zac Efron on the cover). I agreed with everything they said except the shoes. I still like traditional golf shoes.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by porcelain monkey
I don't play a lot of golf, but when I do, I keep things slim and tailored. I hate the big billowy golf shirts that go down to your elbows. I also wear long pants unless it is brutally hot (and then I generally don't golf if possible). GQ did a "project upgrade" segment on golf attire that was pretty good in the May issue (with Zac Efron on the cover). I agreed with everything they said except the shoes. I still like traditional golf shoes.

agree with everything you said there.

bought a pair of these from brooks brothers - love 'em so far.

http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/Broo...0,0&iccEmbed=0

gilwood

Reaction score
Ecco makes the nice looking saddle gtx classic golf shoe:

41N9MRJHZAL._AA280_.jpg

glowell222

Reaction score
I like to wear a shirt, shorts or pants, and some golf shoes. Socks too, sometimes. Occasionally I wear a hat, and usually sunglasses. Oh, and sunscreen. A GIANT scotch stinger is a must have accessory.

Treen

Reaction score
I don't have any specific golf clothes... I only play about once a week or so. I tend to wear a tailored polo shirt, a v-neck cashmere jumper and slim-fitting chinos - or shorts depending on the weather. For shoes, I wear vintage plain brown Footjoys. I'm not too concerned about style on the golf course, just comfort and breathability.

sii1981

Reaction score
finding golfing stuff that fit well is not easy, if you're not the average sized American golfer that is. its all aimed at that market, not that the products are that good to look at to begin with. i like the better fit of the JL range but they are quite pricey, i find that i have to size down when i buy a US brand shirt like ashworth, im used to wearing a medium but the first time i brought a ashworth shirt in med, it was like trying on a tent! it had 44-46'' chest and sleeves that went pass my elbow. ping is another offender, their trousers are so baggy even if you can get the waist size right, the hem is around 9'' diameter (i really wanted those ping trousers, they were made of a lovely material that water slide right off). ecco rocks, ive got loads of golf shoes, nike. Adidas, 2xfoot-joy, but im only really happy when im wearing my ecco internationals, they are the most comfortable shoes i own, not just golf shoes, but out of all my shoes, they are worth the price tag 100%
worship2.gif

sii1981

Reaction score
i rocked these bad boys around the golf course in the bleak uk winter, but i resisted the tweeds so far.

litho

Reaction score
bump for more suggestions!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads