• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going TO Be In Michigan For day - Layers Enough?

swordfish01

Reaction score
Looks like it is going to be in the teens in Lansing, MI while I'm there...

I'm not going to be outdoors too much... just from airport to office to hotel back to airport...

Was thinking layers with my northface on top will be OK???? not sure though...

Any advice?

Coming up from Florida for just Sunday Night to MOnday night.

ashenwreck

Reaction score
I happen to live in Lansing. We have a ton of snow and it's cold. Wear a jacket if you can, otherwise definitely wear some layers. And wear some boots.

Jferg4350

Reaction score
I don't really layer, maybe I'm just use to the cold. Coming from Florida I would bring several layers though and bring waterproof shoes, we just got quite a lot of snow.

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All these people from Michigan? Damn! Its going to be good flying home tomorrow for 7 days. Good thing the weather has been Michigan-esque in Oregon.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lansing, eh. Omar's is a great place. Just kidding.

God just destroyed this state with snow and we are expecting more sunday night into monday. Godspeed.

854ca

Reaction score
I'm back in Chicago for break and I'm wearing a long-sleeve thermal, flannel shirt, and North Face jacket and I'm perfectly warm. Gloves and beanie are key.

swordfish01

Reaction score
Indeed.. I'll have to pickup some gloves and beanie tomorrow... what kind of boots are we talking here? sneakers wont do I guess?

Anything to do on a sunday night in Lansing? I was thinking of going ice fishing monday morning before my meeting, but probably too much rushing around.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you were going to Lansing for a 1 day business trip, what you described would be fine.

If you are ice-fishing (sitting outside for over an hour (why???, by the way)), I would pack waterproof boots, waterproof parka, waterproof gloves, at least 3 layers of insulation such as polar fleece, long-sleeve undershirt, wool socks, sunblock, balaclava, ... you get the picture

swordfish01

Reaction score
im heading back to FL now.. in lansing airpot... wasn't too cold for me and dress with my north face was warm enough.. Good call on the gloves and more importantly the beanie.. Was nice to see snow... atleast for a day
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads