• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GMTO: The perfect brogue boot in tan

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I'm trying to gather support for a GMTO of the Edward Green boot Alderley in tan colour (to be specific: edwardian antigue). I think the make up would be very stylish in a casual way, and go very well with any kind of jeans (both on the trashed and formal side) and most colours of chinos. In other words a really versatile boot. For reference, the boot will look like this:

But the colour a tad lighter, close to this:

The specs will be:

- Edwardian Antigue (only slightly burnished)
- Single leather sole (though HAF can work, if people have strong preferences for this)
- Regular welt
- Last 202 (the only option)
- E-width (though F could work as well, but I guess E suits most people)

I will prefer to place the order via Skoaktiebolaget from Sweden, given their very reasonable prices. I we're at least six people interested in this project, I believe the price will be SEK 8600 (a tiny bit more of HAf-sole i preferred) which is roughly 1325 $ – half will have to be payed up front, the other half upon delivery which will hopefully be in time for autumn. Please post any questions below, or send me a PM.

Cheers,
SKM

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Update: One more member has shown interest, so keep the interest coming
fing02[1].gif

Cheers,
SKM

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, we still need a few people to join the project here before it can go forward. I'll let it run until the end of the month, and then see where that leaves us.

At the moment I'm torn between single leather sole and HAF sole, so so if you prefer one over the other please let me know.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, last chance to join the GMTO if you want to get some wear out of them in the autumn. Soles will be HAF (unless someone feels strongly for single) with natural colour sole edges
drool.gif

Cheers,
SKM

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man you might want to postpone this GMTO for fall, I think members wallets need to recover first. :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads