• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
holy $195 shirt. Hard to justify when GV's fit isn't just right for me. Either way, I'm sure that shirt won't last 24 hrs on their site.

kvgx22

Reaction score
Always wondered how this brand fits, how does Gitman small compare to a Band of Outsider's small?

jaac

Reaction score
i wear small in both, gitman is pretty much larger, longer and roomier. Not by a great deal. The looks are definately different though. If your kinda built or just want a more relaxed fit, kop gitman.

kvgx22

Reaction score
Thanks jaac :)! Would you figure sizing down to a gitman XS would work? BoO small fits decently but still has decent amount of extra space, but the XS is waaaay too small.

Atleee

Reaction score

Thanks jaac :)! Would you figure sizing down to a gitman XS would work? BoO small fits decently but still has decent amount of extra space, but the XS is waaaay too small.

Go to context webshop, and find these:

Band of outsiders measurement:
I3mS0.png

And here you have measurement on Gitman:
4xV40.png

Combine this with the fact that Gitman has a little more relaxed fit. Now, all you need to do is measure your best fitting shirt. Tada

Last edited:

DCU

Reaction score
Acrimony has some new stock including the overdyed oxford in olive for those who missed out on it.

dogatemyhw

Reaction score
The overdye shirts rule! The colors are spot on and it's such a simple idea that is hard to find in most shirting brands. Can't wait to see what's in store for ss12! Just copped a red shirt on their size. Only large is left in navy so I gotta wait till I find another :(

The patterns are killer too but I feel they need to be bit more focused, so if they're going to release an eskimo print, why not another print in the same style/theme? They did that with the red/white/blue stars and american flag print -- continue the idea Gitman!

jaac

Reaction score

gonna really depend on your build. Honestly just buy from a place that has returns, if its good, sweet, otherwise u might lose like 20 bucks on shipping.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads