• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny timing. I just got mine too. As you can see my small fits a little snug..

6463692e.jpg

Reason being, these are from the Gitman 'Sisters' line. Shorter sleeves, narrow shoulders, extra room in the chest... :cry:

they got us good here man, lol

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Funny timing. I just got mine too. As you can see my small fits a little snug..
6463692e.jpg
Reason being, these are from the Gitman 'Sisters' line. Shorter sleeves, narrow shoulders, extra room in the chest... :cry:
they got us good here man, lol

Does it actually have the "Sisters" tag inside the collar?

Last edited:

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does it actually have the "Sisters" tag inside the collar?

It does not. But my girlfriend actually has one herself and neither does her. She's tried it on just now and said the fit is the exact same (hers is an xs).

This same shirt sat around in Acrimonys sale section for a pretty long time...up until recently. One of the only places online that carries the sisters line.

I know it's weird that I can fit into the small, but the chest built to accommodate.... check out where the actual shoulder seams lie though.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't been following Gitman anymore because of fit being too inconsistent, but I would have given that sale a try if I didn't miss it. If anyone has these, pm me:

navy/green (blackwatch) plaid, bold stripe oxford, brown plaid flannel in small or medium.

Last edited:

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It does not. But my girlfriend actually has one herself and neither does her. She's tried it on just now and said the fit is the exact same (hers is an xs).
This same shirt sat around in Acrimonys sale section for a pretty long time...up until recently. One of the only places online that carries the sisters line.
I know it's weird that I can fit into the small, but the chest built to accommodate.... check out where the actual shoulder seams lie though.

I should be getting my plaid M next week. Will post results.

altmana

Reaction score
I ordered two shirts the Blue/Green Plaid Oxford and the Dark Navy/Yellow Plaid Pullover Flannel both in mediums. The Flannel fit fine and I am keeping it. The Blue/Green plaid fit horribly! It was way too wide in the body and the sleeves were a good inch too short! Needless to say that one is going back...

itsmarcnotmark

Reaction score
IMO don't send it back. There are plenty of people that missed the sale and willing to pay more than what we paid for the shirts. I actually sold I just today for nearly double the price I paid.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

IMO don't send it back. There are plenty of people that missed the sale and willing to pay more than what we paid for the shirts. I actually sold I just today for nearly double the price I paid.

But if it's a woman's shirt?... :puzzled:

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone bought some Large shirts that they don't end up wanting, please let me know before you send them back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads