1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. PersilVouchers

PersilVouchers Well-Known Member

No, but I was going to get one in the Mr Porter sale and now glad I didn't. Thanks for the heads up! (and sorry about your shirt)

2. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

I'm going to try making the jump from XS to S on a few shirts. Since GBV differs between shirts (and sometimes drastically), I've taken an approach of measuring my shirts and getting measurements of the shirt I want and then comparing. Sometimes the XS and S are actually the same...

3. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

anybody else order one of the hill-side gitman customs from the NY pop up?

4. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Senior member

Yea, the End collab with elbow patches is totally played out.

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Some bigger drops at SouthWillard picked up

[​IMG]

and the navy mayan print.

Although SouthWillard has had some problem keeping their stock up to date on their website. So who knows if I actually got them.

6. agnyc

agnyc Member

Yup. I ordered one. Sounds like they are a bit behind schedule. Not surprised.

7. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

8. PersilVouchers

Yes - I ordered one, but online. How are people keeping tabs on them? Received the fabric sample in the post, just waiting for the shirt to turn up.

9. PersilVouchers

Did anyone every try one of the Gitman x Journal Standard Oxfords? How was the sizing on them? Look slightly wider...

10. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

havn't seen mine (winter aloha long sleeve) or tracking info either, did get the button though. I was just curious if there was anyone else. I ordered over email as well, which was good of them to do.

11. agnyc

agnyc Member

I've received 0 communications from them. I did shoot them an email a few weeks back and the response said production was a bit slower than they thought and they expected to be shipping shirts out first or second week of Feb.

12. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Opening Ceremony has some Gitman collab stuff for cheap in crazy prints in larger sizes. Lol one of the shirts is called Kawaii.

I wish Gitman would pre-wash their fabrics before making their shirts. I think I am in between sizes. Some GV shirts from a few years ago fit me well in medium but others like the Star shirt look a size too small. I still need to get around to selling that. Going up a size to large would probably be too big.

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

They prewash all of them?

14. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I thought the fabrics were prewashed. I never had any shrinkage issues but I always wash cold and air dry.

Also, I'm pretty sure the F/W generally run slimmer than the S/S shirts.

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Sorry for the confusion. Gitman washes the shirts after they're sewn. I find that the sizing isn't consistent due to this.

16. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

Same here, until recently. I usually air dry them but threw a chambray shirt in the dryer recently and it shrunk a bit. That ever happen to anyone else? I've occasionally used the dryer on other Gitman fabrics without trouble so I'm curious if this is specific to chambray or this shirt in particular:

https://www.shopacrimony.com/products/gitman-bros-vintage-blue-japanese-chambray-polka-dot

Anyway, if you want the shirt in something that is now slightly smaller than the Small it's tagged at, gimme a shout :)

17. StopRupp

StopRupp Active Member

Hey guys this is my first post on style forum. Have any of you gotten ss14 shirts yet? A few of them seem interesting...

18. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Senior member

Question: how rare is the micro floral from 2012? I remember seeing this and thinking it was the most beautiful shirt I had ever seen. Still do... So does anyone have an idea of it's rarity? Seems like you can't find them anywhere.

[​IMG]

19. stevent

stevent Senior member

I've seen that shirt at Barneys outlets for about a year might want to try calling one of them? Was priced at $100 I believe

20. rosslovethreads

rosslovethreads Senior member

That would be crazy surprising.