• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pendragon

Reaction score
Lately, I’ve been browsing Gilt and My Habit in search of Christmas gifts. I was surprised by the number of brands they offered with stylish sounding names that were completely new to me. Intrigued, I did a little research, and discovered that Gilt alone has registered something like 25 new trademarks:

Alex + Alex
Atwell
Ava & Aiden
Avaleigh
Best Society
Clapham
Dartmoor
Deck Department
Eighteen68
Elorie
Firth
Gemma Crus
Hudson Engineering
Kip & Lola
Kiyoshi
Knk
Little Inspirations
Maiden Lane
Marabelle
Mccarren & Sons
Millburn Co.
Moncollet
Near North Clothiers
Nick Point
Park & Bond
Petits Marcheurs
Poppylark
Pure Navy
Renvy
Russell Park
Shore Leave
Wall + Water
Wythe Ny
Zoe & Sam

I know nothing about any of them, but I assume they will all be competently made, middle market apparel, along the lines of J. Crew, BR, BB, racist term for black people Cobley and all.

However, as you can’t try anything, and Gilt don’t provide measurements, I thought perhaps it might be worth starting a list, so people can add their comments about sizing, quality, etc. along the lines of the Styleforum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List.

Insider comment welcome.

Stylethief

Reaction score

Lately, I’ve been browsing Gilt and My Habit in search of Christmas gifts. I was surprised by the number of brands they offered with stylish sounding names that were completely new to me. Intrigued, I did a little research, and discovered that Gilt alone has registered something like 25 new trademarks:

Alex + Alex
Atwell
Ava & Aiden
Avaleigh
Best Society
Clapham
Dartmoor
Deck Department
Eighteen68
Elorie
Firth
Gemma Crus
Hudson Engineering
Kip & Lola
Kiyoshi
Knk
Little Inspirations
Maiden Lane
Marabelle
Mccarren & Sons
Millburn Co.
Moncollet
Near North Clothiers
Nick Point
Park & Bond
Petits Marcheurs
Poppylark
Pure Navy
Renvy
Russell Park
Shore Leave
Wall + Water
Wythe Ny
Zoe & Sam

I know nothing about any of them, but I assume they will all be competently made, middle market apparel, along the lines of J. Crew, BR, BB, racist term for black people Cobley and all.

However, as you can’t try anything, and Gilt don’t provide measurements, I thought perhaps it might be worth starting a list, so people can add their comments about sizing, quality, etc. along the lines of the Styleforum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List.

Insider comment welcome.

I purchased a Wall + Water shirt from Gilt recently but I haven't worn it yet to comment on sizing. I also have a set of the Clapham pocket squares 3 for like 19 bucks, material is cotton, they are ok.

QVT93

Reaction score
Interesting to hear that Clapham is an own brand. I picked up a couple cheap sets of their socks because they're made in Italy and seemed fun. Machine linked toe and quality but pretty thick material for a dress sock.

They've lasted better than unsimply stitched (which are a stretchier fabric despite a similar 80/20 composition, have seen a lot more pilling) but they're still not quite the type of socks that I like. Still better than happy socks!

RHeath

Reaction score
Very interesting, thanks for posting the list. Just received a pair of the Millburn Co. shoes for what to me was an amazing price on Gilt, so was looking around to find details and stumbled on this post.

The shoes fit true to size. I'm normally an 11 and these (size 11) fit well with both medium and thick socks. They seem well made, but time will tell. However, for the price I'll be a happy customer if they last one season.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of outlet style shops do this. I know in the UK, most of the stuff TK Maxx sells is their own brand. The issue with these items is that they don't have an RRP that they are being marked down from. There was a documentary I saw about this a while back.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alex + Alex
Atwell
Ava & Aiden
Avaleigh
Best Society
Clapham
Dartmoor
Deck Department
Eighteen68
Elorie
Firth
Gemma Crus
Hudson Engineering
Kip & Lola
Kiyoshi
Knk
Little Inspirations
Maiden Lane
Marabelle
Mccarren & Sons
Millburn Co.
Moncollet
Near North Clothiers
Nick Point
Park & Bond
Petits Marcheurs
Poppylark
Pure Navy
Renvy
Russell Park
Shore Leave
Wall + Water
Wythe Ny
Zoe & Sam

Insider comment welcome.

Interesting and informative. Where did you go to find this info.. USPTO? If so good work… I do some IP law and am curious about the branding and quality. Thanks!

pendragon

Reaction score

Interesting and informative. Where did you go to find this info.. USPTO? If so good work… I do some IP law and am curious about the branding and quality. Thanks!

I believe it was USPTO, but it was a while back. I'm guessing the quality is perfectly decent. The number of generic brands selling reasonable quality clothes has exploded in the last decade, so I presume manufacturing to that standard is no longer difficult.

thehunted1

Reaction score
Great compilation list of the new garbage Gilt is pedaling. Heres is my warning to all. I purchased a Hook & Echo coat thinking I had heard of the brand somewhere along the way and @99.00 from $289.00 I thought it was worth a shot. Then I came across some posts on some other forums a out Gilt created brands and the fact that they have never been sold in stores or at their perceived (by Gilt) retail value. The quality and fit were terrible, id put it about on par with Macys INC International. I would strongly advise anyone from buying this stuff and consider it borderline fraud at the least a very dishonest retail practice.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm down to about a once-per-year buy for GILT and definitely avoid all of these bullshit brands they've invented. Even the legit stuff is so overpriced it's ridiculous at sale prices as well.

tropikaldawl

Reaction score
Sometimes the merchandise is rebranded. This is the case for some of their furniture. They were selling Pearl River Modern, but it was actually Modway. Overstock.com does a similar thing with Christopher Knight Furniture, which you can find on Amazon and other places. It's the same stuff sold under different brand names on many different websites.

But I have to say that when it is not rebranded I've often found the merchandise even cheaper on the vendor's own website (ex. Ingrid & Isabel maternity clothes). So Gilt does a good job curating merchandise and recommending brands, and you can either buy from them or not.

If you are a curious buyer looking for deals, google search can sure teach you a lot (with not very much effort).

Kamalina

seriouslywhat

Reaction score
Kip + Lola. AWFUL. I ordered a duvet cover and sheets. The duvet wrinkled so badly I had to take it to the cleaners to be pressed and (this is a minor problem but annoying nonetheless), it didn't have the internal ties to keep your duvet in place. We took it to a tailor to have them added.

I also ordered a matching sheet set which - and this is a direct quote from my partner - "feels like I am sleeping on sandpaper". They are SO horrible and scratchy.

I would NEVER order anything Kip + Lola. This order totaled nearly $250 and if I'm being frank, I've found better quality sheets from Marshall's or Homegoods or TJ Maxx for $50 for a king set.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads