• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gieves & Hawkes' Buckshot Brogue - Back soon!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I PM'd Iroh.

Last edited:

Hairingtons

Reaction score
Hello folks, I'm new to this here forum, so forgive me for jumping straight in on what is probably a well-worn topic.

I chanced upon Style Forum because I have recently begun a quest to find the perfect shoe. After much searching and internetting, I found the Buckshot Brogue and deemed it to be the shoe I needed to help me on my way in the larger quest of dressing much more like the modern stylish gentleman that I should be. ( A quest you'll all be familiar with I am sure, as frequenters of this forum).

Anyway, I digress. I was at first dismayed to learn that the Buckhots were no longer in production. But then delighted to read the Gieves & Hawkes press release that they're comig back this Autumn. So i thought that as many of you seem to be a bit more in the know than I'll ever be, I'd ask if anyone here knows any more about the Buckshots.

Will it just be the square-toed version as pictured earlier in this thread (of which there's a few pairs on ebay) ?

Does anyone know how soon they'll be in stock with Gieves & Hawkes?

I am really hoping to find a cap-toe (?) pair of Buckshots, whether that is in the Autumn release from G&H or second-hand.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Hairingtons

Reaction score
Have spoken to G&H, it looks like they're only producing the full brogue which I wasn't as keen on as the semi-brogue Buckshots.
musicboohoo[1].gif

So it's either keep praying to find a pair on ebay or plump for a different brand of semi brogue which I may never love quite as much.

The Shoe Snob

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Have spoken to G&H, it looks like they're only producing the full brogue which I wasn't as keen on as the semi-brogue Buckshots.
musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif

So it's either keep praying to find a pair on ebay or plump for a different brand of semi brogue which I may never love quite as much.

Sorry, I just realized that I hastily read your original post and missed that you were looking for the cap-toe version....unfortunately, they are not going forward with this design, so yes, your best bet will be to scour the pages of eBay.....sorry for the confusion, I did not mean to get your hopes up only to let you down.....

-Justin

Hairingtons

Reaction score
Not at all, I had an idea that they would only be doing the full brogue. No problems. Better to have some hope than none ;)

Mrlol

Reaction score
How do this shoes fit?is the last f like capital f from Loake 1880?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads