• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting braces as an adult...Any experience on lingual orthadontics

it's ok ma'

Reaction score
After lurking through this forum and wanting to improve my look and image, I realized that my jacked up teeth should be my priority given that I can wake up early and jog and eat healthier and lose weight and that I can be wiser on how pick my clothes and shoes, but my crowded, crooked teeth cannot be fixed by me. Before people ask, I didn't get braces growing up because of my somewhat crummy childhood circumstances (near poverty, constant moving etc) and because as I got older, I wasn't really concerned on having a nice smile, until now.

So what should I expect as a 25 year old with braces? anyone know of or have had braces as an adult? I am going to get consulted on whether lingual braces may work for me. Should I get them if I can use them, even though the cost is much higher than traditional braces? I didn't even know about them until I began to research in earnest about orthodontic options, any experience with lingual braces?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
how bad are your teeth? have you considered invisalign if it's an option?

it's ok ma'

Reaction score
No way will invisalign work. I haven't gone in for consultation yet, but my simple research shows that I need metal in my mouth for sure.

My teeth are pretty bad. Think stereotypical display of nerds; and my bottom row of teeth has some crowding. I am somewhat overwhelmed by the amount of options available now. There are procedures for faster results like the Damon 3 system, and there are the lingual, behind the teeth braces. I am hoping to find that the hidden system will work for me, but if not, I hope I can find something that is faster than traditional braces.

I will clear tings up obviously when I see an orthodontist, but I am trying to find out as much before to be better prepared for my questions and frankly to not be so shocked at the price tags I will see. I have even considered cosmetic surgery option, but obviously this route will be very expensive, though if need be I may take it.

LS7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm undergoing orthodontic treatment at the moment - 9 months in with Damon braces. When I got my quotes the Lingual braces came out at double the cost of Damon - eye wateringly expensive. I didn't even consider it as an option due to this differential.

Do you have an overbite too? Have you investigated whether you'll need extractions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads