• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Get your game on... the grill

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
+1, totally share the sentiment, even though i get a little embarrassed when colicchio goes on and on about it. what's odd about GF is that posters here make suggestions as to how he might improve his flavors, and he doesn't argue the validity of the suggestions at all, but takes them as some sort of class warfare. further to this he obviously thinks there is something heroic about using jarred ingredients, or about not making something as good as possible which is more irritating (to me at least) than whatever seasoning he chooses to use. considering what he seems to assume about his target audience, i'm surprised that he doesn't conduct all of his grilling from the comfort of a La-Z-Boy, and flip his burgers using an infomercial extendable back scratcher.
+1.. It makes it quite obvious to me that he has probably never left america, and if he has, only quite briefly. If he'd spent any time in Latin america, for example, he'd see that people far more humble than those he targets in his "marketing" plan use whole, fresh ingredients too. I see what he is saying. I don't agree with him, but I understand his view point. What Matt is saying is in a way, a very French idea (also quite Japanese, from my understanding). To honor you ingredient might sound to some to be extremely idealistic but to me it's important to respect the life that was lost and to also be thankful that you can afford to eat something like that. Venison of that type used to be reserved for the aristocracy.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really, why do you **** care? Is he costing you money? Let him use his canned ****. I want his food. 'Fool send me some food please? Please??

GrillinFool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Really, why do you **** care? Is he costing you money? Let him use his canned ****. I want his food. 'Fool send me some food please? Please??

It would seem that I am talking to the wrong crowd on this forum. It's almost not worth the static from the bitchers to bring my stuff here to those that want to see it.

For those of you that want to see what I do, and not cry about it like I just slapped your dog or something, check out the GrillinFools Facebook Fan Page, or follow us on twitter @GrillinFool. The Facebook page is a much more positive forum to discuss grilling ideas and methods without all the complainers.

And if any of you are in the St. Louis area, who would like to see what I do first hand, I'll be teaching a class on the 26th at L'Ecole Culinaire on winter grilling. There are still a couple seats available. We might be doing a full day grilling class this spring, but we haven't finalized the details yet...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I think you should. You and Manton should colab on home cooking. I'd say Matt too but he was a pro so it's not the same.

I particularly like that you lost 50+ lbs eating like a king. I think there could be some interest in that. I also think there's some interest in the fact that Manton eats like a king as well, and is thin as a rake. Now that is something America could benefit from.

Thanks for that observation. I wonder if my dietary changes would be accepted by a wider audience though? I think the key was moving from someone that was carb heavy to someone that gets 40-50% of his calories from veggies and has removed about 90% of simple carbs from his diet. IMO, where people go wrong with the modified carb diet is they take up the slack crappy food, all protein and fat, then eventually re-introduce the empty carbs again.

This has really changed my palate. I used to be the guy that if I ate a veggie the goal was to make it taste like something other than a veggie. Now I enjoy, in fact crave, good salads, grilled veggies, etc.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
grpos
Originally Posted by GrillinFool
I'll be teaching a class on the 26th at L'Ecole Culinaire
gay.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads