• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gators!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is another auction for the same shoes. Â Of course, the seller is an eBay newbie from China with zero feedback who accepts only cash and money orders. Â I'm not sayin' that the seller is a fraud, but the wording of the auction looks awfully familiar . . .

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw those "from China" "no Paypal" shoes -- very suspicious. I was just about to place a bid on the ones in my size when I noticed these weren't from the Grapevinehill Ebay seller. Who, by the way now hs something like 120 RLPL shoes on EBay (many are casual shoes though, not made by EG), including several new monkstraps that he just posted.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two more "sellers" from China have popped up on eBay. Â Kinda curious that such an exclusive shoe would be so available. Â
biggrin.gif

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see the Chinese-based seller (who has zero Ebay feedback) now has the crocs all the way up to size 14 US...

fkl118

Reaction score
Yes, but he's offering a full refund if not satisfied. Â Sounds good enough to me; I'll just go to my bank and withdraw 400 British pounds to mail to China in a brown envelope. Â Or maybe I should send my banking info so we can do a direct transfer. Â
biggrin.gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can't even be bothered to report the listings

Phil

Reaction score
sure, full refund, but if you send him cash or a money order, how do you know he will send it back? I dont trust this guy at all.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're going to run a scam by copying another seller's auctions, the least you can do is make an effort to change the item description.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I opened this thread expecting an exhultant football fan's toasting the U of Florida's stealing Urban Meyer away from Notre Dame.
biggrin.gif
Do you really think it will do them any better than Zook, I can not believe the way they did Zook, he did alright with the talent he was given and the fact that Spurrier leaving hurt recruiting.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Umm, florida has pretty good talent with Fazon and Leak... Zook is just a bad coach IMO.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eBay pulled the first set of phony auctions.  Good for them.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something "popped" on these 11's(?)--tough luck for our comrade Phil (I assume he'll take himself out of it at this point...?). Otherwise, running $455-710 on the remaining 3 pairs with inside of 2 days to go. Size 11's aside, I think we're gonna see some fireworks on the last day for the other pairs. Hold onto your hats, you sub-$1,000 guys; it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That guy must really like RL - look at his Feedback, he bought a RL chair and ottoman...
and alligator RL sandals one size smaller than the shoes he's currently bidding on

Phil

Reaction score
yup, I am out of the running. I had set my threshold at $1450.00. I guess I am gonna have to wait for a pair. It will make them all the more sweet when I do finally have a pair. I can take some consolation in the fact that I really wanted brown instead of black.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads