• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Game player?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tetris, and sometimes I'll play Counterstrike for the sole purpose of spraying gay Appreciation on the walls of the levels

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to know the ages of those of you falling in with the pro- crowd.
Personally I was a kid when Space Invaders, pac man etc came out but the advancements haven't kept up with my development (one way of putting it).

So, how old are you who are praising the pass time and spending $ on 'em?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

injung

Reaction score

People just need to experience videogames that appeal to an older demographic. For example, if you'd only been exposed to disney movies you'd probably think film in general was just for kids. As great as super mario is, I can understand why older people would see an italian plumber who eats shrooms to get bigger as kid's recreation.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Similar kind of age range. Anyone over, say, 30 doing this activity? Mr Appleby?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by injung
24 People just need to experience videogames that appeal to an older demographic. For example, if you'd only been exposed to disney movies you'd probably think film in general was just for kids. As great as super mario is, I can understand why older people would see an italian plumber who eats shrooms to get bigger as kid's recreation.
There is a similar sentiment that all "animation" is for kids. Which is so ridiculously untrue as to not be funny. Since most people in the US grew up with saturday morning cartoons, disney and the like, its hellish to try and convince someone who is 45+ that movies such as Akira, Princess Mononoke, Satoshi Kon's films like Perfect Blue, Paprika, and, etc. are worth watching. These animated movies aren't even suitable for kids, and might even be among the best movies someone has ever seen, if they would open their mind up a little and not pre-judge the things just because they are animated instead of live action. One can only imagine the scene that occurred in a few theaters this summer when Paprika went up against Shrek the Third.
One adult and 5 chldren for Shrek please. I'm sorry, but Shrek is sold out until tomorrow. Ok... um... lets see.... how about this other cartoon... Paprika then. ...? Miss - you are aware that Paprika is rated R. Hmm? (not paying attention) ...oh it's fine.
20 minutes later the kids are crying, and the mother is screaming at the theater manager.
smile.gif

Jl24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zerosum
According to an AP-AOL Games poll, 40% of American adults play games on a computer or a console, and 45% play over the internet. More than a third of online gamers spent more than $200 last year on gaming.
(AP, 9 March 2006)

Are these stats reflected in this forums contributors?

Does this count online poker?

I'm 25, I used to play video games in college, but now I only play occasionally, and even then I get bored of it. After a while there aren't really any innovative games.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jl24

I'm 25, I used to play video games in college, but now I only play occasionally, and even then I get bored of it. After a while there aren't really any innovative games.

I'll agree with that to an extent. There are innovative games out there, but you have to really look for them (not dissimilar to the current film and music scenes).

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jl24

I sense that it doesn't.

So, anyone over thirty. Any other Gen Xers?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There are plenty, they just aren't on this board - they are off playing WoW and drinking Zima all weekend.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArthurKelly651