• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Patrik Ervell Copper Oxide Shirt (Large) (Fits slim)

Status
Not open for further replies.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mama said there'll be days like this,
There'll be days like this Mama said
(Mama said, mama said)
I went walking the other day,
Everything was going fine,
Saw Synthese was selling this shirt
And then I almost lost my mind
(Mama said, mama said)

My eyes are wide open
But all that I can see is,
this shirt fitting someone who isn't me
but I don't worry cause
(Mama said, mama said)

Guys, if you like Ervell, copper oxide, and clothes previously in contact with Synthese's body, boy have I got some great news for you!

I've longed for this shirt since its release for the S/S '10 collection. I missed out on it when it was a Gilt staple, and the few times it's popped up for sale here, it's always cruelly been any size but the one I needed. If you've been here for a while, you've seen me beg Synthese to sell me this very shirt almost any time he's posed a fit with its glorious, Easter-egg-like pattern.

Imagine my elation Monday last when I saw Synthese had finally decided to part ways with it. Despite warning that the shirt fit slim, the measurements looked suitable for my stupid proportions. Today, I learned that I have underestimated the power of my stupid proportions. The shirt that has been a white whale of mine for nearly three years is finally in my possession and the stupid thing is too small!

And tragically, we are not talking about a slimness that would be alleviated by less bread. We're talking high arm holes, a trim chest, and high side vents. The shirt that I have wanted for so long is incompatible with me.

But in wake of this tragedy, might we find a silver lining: Now someone else can enjoy the shirt that I will never, and could never be able to.

The Details

- Club Collar
- Much-desired green oxide treatment
- S2S: ~18.75"
- P2P: ~23"
- Fits slim because of the high arm holes; I cosign Synthese's sentiments that this is best suited for the closet of a US/40.
- $77
- Price does not include actual shipping charge. Buyer will have choice of either First Class or Priority Mail.
- Price is firm. Like the United States, I do not negotiate with copper oxides.
-

Attachments

• MhqXop0l.jpg
    MhqXop0l.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 56
  • f6FsMW6l.jpg
    f6FsMW6l.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads