• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: NWT 42R Borrelli Flannel Suit

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a NWT 42R Borrelli suit in charcoal flannel with white pinstripes. It's a very classic looking suit with tons of handwork. It's missing the sleeve buttons, so you would need to get a new set of buttons for your tailor to attach. The coat is a 3-roll-2.5 with side vents. The pants are single pleat and are very trim.

It retails at $3,500. I can sell it for $799 shipped. That's almost 80% off retail.

Coat measurements are as follows:
Shoulder: just under 19.5
Chest: 22
Length: 31
Sleeve: 26

Here is one quick picture to give you an idea for the color and fabric. If there is interest, I can take some more pictures.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
A 40R in this would be pwned.

Sounds like somebody needs to hit the gym more...
laugh.gif

supersexyasianwomenplayab2.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the true waist measurement of the pants? How much can be let out?

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
What's the true waist measurement of the pants? How much can be let out?

The waist measures to about 34 inches. I wear size 50 in Borrelli pants, which usually measure to about 34 inches. I tried on these pants, and they fit pretty much like most of my 50s in Borrelli. They are definitely cut trim, though. The opening at a 32 inch inseam is about 8.25. I've attached a picture to give you an idea of how much you could let out in the pants.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Geekiest thing ever, using "pwned" when talking about a Borrelli suit. So awesome. God bless the internet.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW it looks like this slim-fitting 42R looks to measure to a "standard" 40R in many makers found in the US.

You may want to update the title of the thread to indicate as much. Most 42R gents would need to pass on this suit given the measurements.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Further, FWIW, I attach the definition of "Pwned" (borrowed from urbandictionary.com) for those out of "da know":

Unlike the other people who have posted definitions that are ridiculous, do not have substantial backing, or are simply mis-informed, I will give the complete definition of what "pwned" means.

1. The origins of "pwned" are debated but there are two possible sources:
a. A prominent quake player mis spelled "owned" and the new word "pwned" was adopted by people who thought it was "1337".
b. A warcraft map designer misspelled "owned" and thus people started using "pwned" instead.

The definitions are as follows:
In video games:
1. Completely annihilated or dominated.
2. Perfectly owned, meaning the other player did not do any damage.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What model is this suit? I know there is one model with initial "P" (forgot the full name) that fits slimmer than than other others such as Nerano.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
What model is this suit? I know there is one model with initial "P" (forgot the full name) that fits slimmer than than other others such as Nerano.

It is a Nerano. I think that the main issue is that the pants may be from a 40R suit. There is no size tag in the pants, so I can't be definite. But that's what the measurements seem to indicate. They can be let out a little, but I would imagine it would take an athletic build.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads