• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Alden, AE, Florsheim Shell Cordovan, Size 10, 10.5, maybe 11

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, pre-Ebay sale for the forumites with only one rule/expectation: I am looking to recoup what I have invested in some shoes and am weighing what I can get on Ebay for others (to offset numerous other purchases). I've given away shoes on here before and will probably do so again, so no complaining about prices! Unsold items are headed to Ebay. Shoe trees are not included.

If you buy more than 1 item, take $5 off each item after the first.

Alden 966 10.5D - Burnished Tan SOLD

Holy hell I love these shoes, but they slip at the heel a little. These are a little big for my 10.25 feet so they are up for sale. Worn very few times. 12 5/8 x 4 3/8"
$95 shipped.

Black Alden Bleucher 957 size 10.5 C (A/C)

The first bowl of porridge was too hot, this bowl is too cold. They fit my feet ok, and would probably be fine once broken in, but I'm going to sell them. For, let's say.....$82 shipped. 12 5/8 x 4 1/4"

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

IMG_4400.jpg

Allen Edmonds Park Avenue Black 10.5D - SOLD

These may be sold, but get in line if interested because they may not. You know the shoe, these are just getting broken in, and have minor scratches on the toe (which are exaggerated by the flash) and have some strange bucking by the heel (also shown)...neither of which ever bothered me but hey, full disclosure....this place is full of attorneys. 12 5/8 x 4 3/8" $68 shipped.

Allen Edmonds Brewster in Tan - 10.5E relist

I must suck at taking pictures of shoes, because I really like these and they failed to sell previously. These are too long for my 10.25 feet. 12 5/8 x 4.5" $69shipped. These and the first pair of Alden's are my only shoes in this color and both run too long for me.
plain.gif

IMG_4172-1.jpg

IMG_4171-.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

IMG_4184.jpg

Vintage Florsheim not-Shell Cordovan Shoes 10.5D SOLD

Why the confusing title, well look at these shoes! I could have sworn they were shell online, and even in my hands sometimes. I think they are some higher quality version of bookbinder, or corrected grain, that are very substantial. They crease nothing like corrected grain, and in fact more like shell, but there is a small flaw on the back of a heel (shown) which seems to indicate that the gorgeous surface is an application rather than the look of shell. Great shoes either way, and priced to recoup my $$, as the style doesn't seem to suit me. 12.5 x 4 3/4" $64 shipped.

Vintage GENUINE Shell Cordovan Florsheims 10B SOLD

Okay, after that tease here is the real deal. I wore these to work the last 2 days where I took off in the afternoon. I looked great all morning, but they were ready to come off by lunch!!! I'm a 10.25 D remember! These go for a lot on Ebay, so I tried to find pricing that wasn't offensive to forumites yet allowed me to offer them here before just deciding I should sell on Ebay. I love these by the way; a little piece of Americana.... 12 5/8 x 4.5" (but huge soles). SOLD

Allen Edmonds Byron Chili/Brown 10.5E SOLD

These are a smidge wide for me. They were chili but were antiqued and have since lost much of their antiquing....they're darker than Chili, which could be encouraged with polish or removed with...well.....polish. 12 5/8 x 4 7/16
$45 shipped.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really nice aldens here.

PMed about the florsheim wingtips

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow,
I think I am begining to realize the problem with AE shoes, they need to be worn, and worn for a while before they look good.
I hate the pictures of new AE shoes, looking at these, actually tempt me.
I have a pair of fairfax, I got them for $50.00 new, and I hated them, now that I have forced myself to wear them, they have developed character.
Yours are lovely.
I am really tempted by the brewsters.....

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Wow,
I think I am begining to realize the problem with AE shoes, they need to be worn, and worn for a while before they look good.
I hate the pictures of new AE shoes, looking at these, actually tempt me.
I have a pair of fairfax, I got them for $50.00 new, and I hated them, now that I have forced myself to wear them, they have developed character.
Yours are lovely.
I am really tempted by the brewsters.....

That is my favorite AE model...I can get better pictures if you need on the Brewsters. I don't think my pics are very flattering, but these are simply great shoes. The base color is similar to the Alden 966, with a little patina just starting to form.

CBDB

Reaction score
Are the black aldens still available? if so, how narrow is the heel?
CB

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics