• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: $500 Nordstrom Gift Card - Free & Fast Shipping

z50

Reaction score
So I'm selling a $500 Nordstrom Gift Card on Ebay.

Shipping's included in the sales price, and I'm using USPS First Class, Insured, with Electronic Return Receipt, sent within one business day of payment.

Shipping usually takes around 3-4 days to the continental USA, but I can send the code via e-mail at the buyer's request for faster service.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110164075025

The auction ends September 6.

z50

Reaction score
Sure.
I just checked it on Nordstrom.com.
If you want, I could print that out to PDF, blur out the number, and then post it.
It'd be a bit of work, so let me know if you'd find that useful or not.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by z50
Sure.
I just checked it on Nordstrom.com.
If you want, I could print that out to PDF, blur out the number, and then post it.
It'd be a bit of work, so let me know if you'd find that useful or not.

Is anyone here dumb enough to bid on a $500 gift card from a seller with 92% feedback?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
Feedback percentage is a useless measurement with only 11 total.
No it is not. He has 11 transactions and a negative. Many sellers have 500 transactions and no negatives. Therefore, his 92% reflects the fact that he, having only 11 feedback recorded transactions, has already had a bad one. That's a terrible track record, especially by eBay standards, and it appears the feedback is serious -- 11 days to ship, claims opened (!) ? When you combine the bad feedback with the join date, 04, and the lack of activity on the account, you get a $500 non-verifiable gift card auction which is highly suspect.

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You do need to take into account that new sellers need a "break-in" period where they can learn the system, etc. etc. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt to a certain extent. 92% certainly looks better to me from a seller with 10 feedbacks rather than 1000.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sygyzy
I have never ever seen a discussion board where people defend ebayers. Crazy.

maybe you've never seen a message board made up completely of ebayers
boxing[1].gif

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sifting through past threads this seemed very odd... Especially considering the OP could have returned the card to Nordstrom for the full 500 with much less hassle.

ibleedwhite

Reaction score
it just seems weird to me for ppl to bid on this. the final and winning bid was $461. they couldnt muster up $40 more bucks and just go without the card?

whatever. glad you sold it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads