• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: $3000 Antonio Liverano suit, 42r

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, much as I like this suit I just don't think the borrelli-style trousers work for me so I'm selling it. I have literally worn this suit ONCE, after removing the $3400 pricetag from Saks Fifth Avenue. Wonderful suit, would work for a 42reg, likely a 40regular, and maybe a 42 short. $500 or best offer.

blue and black nailhead pattern, 3 button Antonio Liverano suit, Marked size 52 Drop 7 (European), size 42 US.
very italian cut. jacket pockets jetted, not flapped. Very nice work in the suit, tried to photograph the handstitching in the lapel and lapel buttonhole.

Double vented Jacket:
chest about 44 inches, similar to the chest on a brioni size 42reg.
Length: Approx 30.5 from under the collar
Sleeves: approx 24.5 from shoulder seam, FUNCTIONAL HANDSTITCHED BUTTONHOLES (I had the sleeves finished by custom clothing of Atlanta tailors)

double pleated Trousers:
waist, approx 36 inches
overall length 41 inches
inseam 31", trousers are finished with 1 3/4 inch cuffs.
trouser width at cuff: approx 8 1/4 inches (reminds me exactly of Borrelli trousers, a trim cut).

ranchsooner

Reaction score
I remember when you bought this suit because I bought a Liverano Navy Blazer at Saks off 5th only because you had mentioned the name and spoke so highly of it. I had never heard of it before. I love my Blazer. Look at the tag and see if you think it looks like an Isaia tag, because I think Isaia made my Blazer for Liverano's RTW. Either way it's a great suit. Someone should jump on this.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
From the first photo, I thought that you had some really funky hair.

sammywaslow

Reaction score
yes, about those sleeve lengths - sleeves from my suit jackets seem to be 26.5 inches as measured from shoulder seam to sleeve end with tape running past the sleeve buttons. How tall are you?
Question to yourself or anyone else ('scuse my ignorance) - how tricky is it to lengthen sleeves? ... if at all possible?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ranchsooner
I remember when you bought this suit because I bought a Liverano Navy Blazer at Saks off 5th only because you had mentioned the name and spoke so highly of it. I had never heard of it before. I love my Blazer. Look at the tag and see if you think it looks like an Isaia tag, because I think Isaia made my Blazer for Liverano's RTW. Either way it's a great suit. Someone should jump on this.

I'm fairly certain that these were made in the same facility as the Attolini/Barbera jackets.

sidvar

Reaction score
It's easy so long as you don't have the damn working button holes, then the only issue is ironing out the crease. With working button holes, surgery on the sleeve must be done at the shoulder joint, which is possible, but tricky and more expensive.

Originally Posted by sammywaslow
yes, about those sleeve lengths - sleeves from my suit jackets seeme to be 26.5 inches as measured from shoulder seam to sleeve end with tape running past the sleeve buttons. How tall are you?
Question to yourself or anyone else ('scuse my ignorance) - how tricky is it to lengthen sleeves? ... if at all possible?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
From the first photo, I thought that you had some really funky hair.
Foxx SMASH...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads