• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

From Menswear: Tuscany: Pics of Ugolini/Bemer/$1,800 Bespoke;Tattini's Tramezzas

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

From most recent Menswear Fall

pejsek

Reaction score
Interesting to see that both Bemer and Ugolini have taken on apprentices from Japan. If nothing else, we can expect a bright future for Japanese bespoke.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This has gone on for quite some time, the Japanese will be the caretakers of the trade in the mid to latter half of the 21st century. I think its great that Bremer and others have been so open to teach others how to make quality handmade goods.

BTW that briefcase that is slightly croped out of the top of the second photo is one of the best looking I've ever seen. I cannot wait to visit their studio next time I'm in Italy.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Very nice shops, very nice people.

I was in each of the two shops over the last two days. I was very, very impressed with each.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Lobb and Amesbury have also has Japanese apprentices as well-a definite trend...I think I will hit Florence next I'm in Italy.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Lobb and Amesbury have also has Japanese apprentices as well-a definite trend...
So have Foster & Son in London and Klemann in Germany.
Those trainees come handy as interpreters, to deal with the (increasingly important) Japanese clientele.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I had not considered the translation aspect...very cool.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 140 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40