• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best Pitti Uomo - Who did it best? VOTE!!!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Piiti-3-1.JPG

^ The thing about cargo pants, Mike, is that you're not really supposed to carry cargo in the them. What the hell have you got in there, a baby kangaroo?

LOL.
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
worship.gif

Ok, look...these are my weekend casual pants. I wear them with a sweater or a Polo. I actually ironed those damn pockets down to get them as flat as I could for the challenge. If Spoo had posted this challenge on time, I might have had a chance to secure good cargos for this look...like Cucinellis (which I have wanted to add to my collection anyway). Since it was late, SPOO, I had to work with what I had. When I saw the pics...I knew I should have cropped them above the knee, but I wanted to be honest. **** honesty.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by Jan_
Dear gentlemen, while you're at it, could you provide some feedback on my pic please? Forget about the sprezz challenge in this case.

(Pic again so you don't have to reload the first page)

dsci0016jx.jpg

Many thanks.
smile.gif

Honestly, Jan...everything looks too BIG to me. Not even touching the colors, it is all boxy and just not flattering for you. I think that is the big issue.

Mike

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Threadbearer deserves a lot more voats! Great stuff gents. Forgot to voat for NDW.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I was sitting on a Barney coin operated ride at a Chuck E Cheese with my daughter yesterday. Was considering entering that as sprezz. Changed mind.

you could rename the place Chuck E. Spreez (its lame but i couldnt resist)

2011-01-27_22-56-56_957.jpg

^ Seriously? Loafers AGAIN with the suit? We've talked about this before, young man. If that's your idea of sprezz, fine, but then lose the socks.

this is embarrasing to admit publicly, but to settle this for now ill put it out there.

i only own loafers. before sf all my shoes were black ferragamos with the silver bit. got a little more edjumacated and bought the lovely zegna coutures in the pic, only to find out i need a pair of non-loafers and i dont have the coin now for what i want. so for now your eyes will have to deal with them
(as an aside i dont think loafers like these with a sb suit are so bad, anyone else agree?)

(aside #2 ill put my jlc up against your citizen any day, and back to looking and thinking the watch is only flipped in the pic of the watch off my wrist. when wearing it i have it face up
laugh.gif
smile.gif
)

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I voted for a few looks, as the poll reveals, but my favourites were the ones that really made me chuckle: Threadbearer's tie-clip, Baron's hat and expression, and Parker's belt.
laugh.gif
Great work guys.

inlandisland

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Spoo, TB and ndw - I will note the size of my pics in the future.

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
You probably did not get feedback because your pics were small/out of focus.

You were also not one of the terrible entries, IMO, but not really Pitti or sprezzy either. (A good thing, just not for this contest
laugh.gif
)

The jacket is a bit too short all around, the socks seem a bit too much, but otherwise a simple classic look. Im not a brass button on blazer guy, but thats just me. Try it again during the week (not contest day) with some better pics and Im sure you will get some feedback.

Considering the weight of your opinion, I'll take 'not terrible' as a compliment! I'm not a fan of brass buttons ether, the ones on my sc are plastic (faux horn).

Originally Posted by ndw
Thx, inlandisland - I'll give you some feedback. As others mentioned, bigger pictures are helpful. The fit of all the pieces look nice, and the navy blazer khaki pants look is obviously a classic look, so it is overall pretty good - but IMO it's too boring. I would switch to some mid-grey wool trousers (get some if you dont have any - they work with almost everything). I'd also switch the tie out for something like a nice repp tie, solid brown wool, or navy blue pindot.

I know my suggestions dont sound much more exciting, but I think it would elevate your look.

Thx ndw - it's funny you make those specific suggestions... if it weren't for the competition I'd normally wear mid grey trousers with a solid or small pattern white or blue shirt, and a tie of the variety you suggested... because it was the contest I thought the khakis and a bold patterned shirt with a micropattern on the tie would give the fit some subtle sprezz. Based on the ciritiques I guess it was just too subtle.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Threadbearer deserves a lot more voats!
I couldn't agree more! I'm displaying more sprezz per square inch in each ONE of my photos than is legal in most states.

Originally Posted by in stitches
i only own loafers.
No shame in that for now, but it's time to graduate. Start saving.
teacha.gif

Originally Posted by in stitches
ill put my jlc up against your citizen any day
TouchÃ
00a9.png
, my friend. On the other hand, it seems to me that a young buck such as you ought to be spending coin on dress shoes instead of watches. These days, it's just us geezers who wear timepieces on our wrists. As I understand it, you young fellers are supposed to be getting the time from cell phones and these "mobile devices" I keep hearing about.

southernstyle

Reaction score
A few good looks, but overall I was a little disappointed. A lot of these didn't come off as "Pitti-ish" to me.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more! I'm displaying more sprezz per square inch in each ONE of my photos than is legal in most states.

No shame in that for now, but it's time to graduate. Start saving.
teacha.gif

TouchÃ
00a9.png
, my friend. On the other hand, it seems to me that a young buck such as you ought to be spending coin on dress shoes instead of watches. These days, it's just us geezers who wear timepieces on our wrists. As I understand it, you young fellers are supposed to be getting the time from cell phones and these "mobile devices" I keep hearing about.

already saving

i used to work at jewelry store and got a great deal on the watch(i also love watches) also what is a cell phone

thanks for the input im always happy for any help
smile.gif

Originally Posted by southernstyle
A few good looks, but overall I was a little disappointed. A lot of these didn't come off as "Pitti-ish" to me.

funny i didnt notice your outfit. also remember we are just dudes playing dress up
laugh.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So far, no one seems to be following my recommendation that each participant in the weekly challenge critique at least three other entries. Nevertheless, I shall be neither dissuaded nor disheartened. Forgive me, however, if I seem a little snarky as I make my rounds.

I shall begin by chastising those who demonstrated little or no sprezz this week: yfyf, upr_crust, acridsheep, clintonf, NYR, gnatty8. Shame on you, gentlemen. Shame. (Perhaps yfyf can be forgiven as it appears he may have been inadvertently swept up the in the dragnet.)

Uh, for the record, I seem to have gotten caught up in that dragnet also. I honestly don't have a clue what Pitti Uomo is, even though I'll google it after this post to find out what I bombed at doing..
laugh.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1969
Do I win by DQ if I wasn't listed in poll?
laugh.gif

I did forget that. Im so sorry.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Uh, for the record, I seem to have gotten caught up in that dragnet also. I honestly don't have a clue what Pitti Uomo is, even though I'll google it after this post to find out what I bombed at doing..
laugh.gif

I did sweep you up, Im so sorry.

The perils of thread management under the influence.
blush.gif

Jan_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
I would suggest a lighter gray and slightly slimmer trouser. I know the slim trouser look isn't for everyone, but I feel like your fit is making you look larger than you really are (trust me - I have the same problems) and maybe an inch slimmer in the pant would help (of courser this is all subjective).

Yes, you're right there. My problem is that my upper legs aren't that slim (much bicycling).

You may benefit from sizing down in the coat too, but it's a little hard to tell. Im not talking skin tight - just a little more tailored. (...) Your coat looks slightly long, but it's hard to tell from your stance.
It's slightly too long. Wrt sizing down, see my comment below.

I'd lose the scarf and add a tie (maybe with a pop of color) and sweater with a deeper V neck to show a little more shirt.
This is an ascot tie or cravat (not sure about the correct translation here). Did you consider losing it because it looks gay / dandy / wannabe or because you thought it was just a scarf?

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Honestly, Jan...everything looks too BIG to me. Not even touching the colors, it is all boxy and just not flattering for you. I think that is the big issue.

There are two things working here: One is that I'm actually boxy myself, the other is that the arm holes are low, thus I'm lifting the SC when raising the arm. For comparison the SC in question left, center and right are two SC tailored to me. Still looking too boxy?

comparisone.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads