• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE May 19th 2019: Spring Jackets

Spring Jackets

• Emptym

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Macjedi

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Knoodie

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Purplelabel

• Flyinghorker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Riva

• Joacimbylehn

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • #dadcore

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • yungchumsky

• EFV

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Newcomer

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Martingfx

• Oldsrocket27

• gr8man

• Diplomatic Ties

• MrAmbrose

• jischwar

• IEG

• Flipstah

• Rais

• Chocsosa

• Pdcollection

• Smittycl

• Yorky

• JIMB

• An Acute Style

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Thin White Duke

• Mr. Knightley

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A trench coat is a belted double breasted military-derived raincoat with shoulder straps, wrist straps and a storm flap. What you have there is a raincoat.
Sorry but this liberal use of ‘trench’ to describe just about any coat that’s made for some utility in the rain gets on me nerves!

I made the post in a hurry. I agree with you about the liberal use of the word trench. Edited.

As a casual observer, your nerves do seem to be more easily gotten on than others. If you feel so strongly about the word trench, your political debates must border on violence. Cheers. :cheers:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I made the post in a hurry. I agree with you about the liberal use of the word trench. Edited.

As a casual observer, your nerves do seem to be more easily gotten on than others. If you feel so strongly about the word trench, your political debates must border on violence. Cheers. :cheers:
I always find it amusing that some people participating on message boards seem to conflate being opinionated with some sort of seething anger. Even accepting for the fact that ‘tone’ can’t easily be represented in the written word, message boards like SF would be unbelievably dull if people didn’t express opinions beyond variations of ‘I like that’.
If we clothing nerds on SF can’t be precise and exacting about the nomenclature of the very things we nerd over then what is the world coming to?

(As the above was typed I had a cheeky smirk going on, not red-faced apoplectic vein-popping boiling rage!)

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always find it amusing that some people participating on message boards seem to conflate being opinionated with some sort of seething anger. Even accepting for the fact that ‘tone’ can’t easily be represented in the written word, message boards like SF would be unbelievably dull if people didn’t express opinions beyond variations of ‘I like that’.
If we clothing nerds on SF can’t be precise and exacting about the nomenclature of the very things we nerd over then what is the world coming to?

(As the above was typed I had a cheeky smirk going on, not red-faced apoplectic vein-popping boiling rage!)
Respect. :fistbump:

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyway enough of all that eh?
Back on topic, Spring has long since sprung and gone in FL but I’m heading for cooler climes ... (more complete details on the blog for those interested):

29A96394-0301-47B3-8E50-49A24C4F71E4.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this still running or did I miss the vote?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IEG

Reaction score
I want to vote
@knoodie gets my vote
@EFV close second
The safari jacket look is awesome! I love it. It’s so nice to be able to add a piece of clothing to your wardrobe that is so distinctive. I want one!

macjedi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im sorry guys.. Im trying to figure out how to set up polling.. never done this before. Can anyone help? Thanks
Hi @chocsosa ! The only way I see to do it is to start a new thread, then click “more options”, then at the bottom, click “post a poll”. I don’t know if it’s related to the update, but I can’t edit anything I’ve posted previous to the update. Maybe contact LA Guy?

Last edited:

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Thanks for the votes gents !

New Friday Challenge is up

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your votes gents !

New Friday Challenge is up
Congratulations, Monsieur! Well-deserved victory.

Thanks for my votes.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics