• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 9/27/13: BROWN IS FOR FARMER

Who did "Brown is For Farmer" Best?

• Don Cologne

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Sugarbutch

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Betelgeuse

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • GMMcL

• Pingson

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • YRR92

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Holdfast

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Porcelain Monkey

• Victor Elfo

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • An Acute Style

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Kulata

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Son of Porcelain Monkey, The Revenge

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Coxaca

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • TTO

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Claghorn

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • Sharply Tailored

• Tira1

• EFV

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Upr_Crust

Votes: 15 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Favourite challenge so far.

Victor Elfo

Reaction score
Sorry Victor Elfo and Caustic Man, neither of this fits qualify. I'm going to have to DQ these

Brown jacket or suit is a must. Brown pants do not count. A tan jacket does not count.

No problem, but it does look like light brown to me and the trousers are wheat.

Last edited:

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disappointed with lack of suits ITT
I'm disappointed with the lack of brown suits in my closet.
rimshot.gif

CM did check about camel hair passing muster. That square doesn't fly for me, though.

williamson

Reaction score

I'm also ready to toil in the harvest fields...Tie is actually navy cashmere, and the square is a reddish/brownish/with-other-earthy-colours madder; apologies for the dark photos.

Great to see a three-button-jacket - and all fits perfectly.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can my son play? The Doctor.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let 'em in. All of 'em. My money's on the boy.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Let 'em in. All of 'em. My money's on the boy.

Not to sound imperious, but I am running the show. I am making up for a challenge I won back in April but couldn't follow through because my wife delivered, with serious complications, at 28 weeks.

Since I own the thread and the poll, it seems natural that I decide who is in and who is out.

Seems to me tan is no less a shade of brown than pink is a shade of red. on the color wheel they are identical but for value. So in they go.

However, brown does need to be the dominant JACKET or suit color. So I am afraid, based on viewing on my blackberry, that Victor Elfo wont make it. I reserve the right to change that ruling based on monitor viewing or if VE thinks he can post a more true to color photo later.

However, I too would like to see more brown suits. Personally I usually only wear suits Mondays and Wednesdays to teach. extending the poll, essentially, a second week would allow more time and hopefully more suites -- including possibly me.

What saith the masses?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's a pity this contest was so last minute.

Last edited:

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not to sound imperious, but I am running the show. I am making up for a challenge I won back in April but couldn't follow through because my wife delivered, with serious complications, at 28 weeks.

Since I own the thread and the poll, it seems natural that I decide who is in and who is out.

Seems to me tan is no less a shade of brown than pink is a shade of red. on the color wheel they are identical but for value. So in they go.

However, brown does need to be the dominant JACKET or suit color. So I am afraid, based on viewing on my blackberry, that Victor Elfo wont make it. I reserve the right to change that ruling based on monitor viewing or if VE thinks he can post a more true to color photo later.

However, I too would like to see more brown suits. Personally I usually only wear suits Mondays and Wednesdays to teach. extending the poll, essentially, a second week would allow more time and hopefully more suites -- including possibly me.

What saith the masses?

I saith keep this one as advertised - "So, just to be clear: Tie? OK. No tie? OK. Square/No square? Yes. Pents/No Pents: Well, hopefully pents, but I suppose that's up to you." - and make s brown suit contest for next week. Suits have pents.

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A farmer's outfit IMHO requires a rustic hat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads