• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FRIDAY CHALLENGE 27/11-2015: CHALKS AND PINS

Who did it best?

• sugarbutch

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Dennis Walter

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • SYCSYC

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Butler

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • Manolo

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • upr_crust

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • daaloe

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • bienluienapris

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • YRR92

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Coxsackie

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Prince of Paisley

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Crat

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • DiplomaticTies

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dennis Walter gave me the idea for this challenge with this post:
According to this source, Friday´s "Pins and needles" day - so i suggest to have a contest playing with the very name of it :D
I think quite a few of you have at least one pin- or chalk striped suit in your wardrobes (a SC is fine, but very hard to pull off). So the challenge of the week is simple: 1. Wear a pin- or chalk striped suit/SC. 2. Post it before Saturday evening (Swedish time). 3. The outfit must have been worn this month (to get more interesting submissions). 4. All levels of formality are welcome. I'd really like to see someone attempt this in a non-conservative business dress way.
Participants:
From last week
And there goes D...
I like how pinstripe suits can make you look all bossy or all sprezzy depending on how you decide to wear them. I'm going for bossy this time.
click for bigger size "Shooting" the Bond sequel: Steven Hitchcock SB DV 3 piece navy pinstripe - T&A shirt with self designed collar from Budd - Ferragamo tie Accessoires: Heckler & Koch submachine - Bentley coupe - Bond female weapons dealer :bigstar:
Well gents, this will be my contribution. I only have one pin- or chalkstriped suit yet and this is quite old now. Its made of a very good farbric though. Navy chalkstripe from Loro Pians crazy expensive Tasmanian Super 150-bunch for winter season. Here paird with: - Bespoke pale blue shirt from Luca Avitabile - Printed silk tie from Berg & Berg - Linen pocket square from Berg & Berg - Austerity brouges in Plum musesum calf from Lazlo Vass Have a great weekend mates!
For the challenge, and x-post WAYWRN . . .
Long time lurker, first time participant. Will probably be the most boring entry, but I thrifted this suit on monday and thought why not!
My entry, from two weeks ago, since i was on holiday after that :
Not a great picture of the clothes, but the striped effect of the shed wall is a bonus.
So it was 38 degrees here the other day (that's 100F to the Americans, Liberians and Burmese). This is what I wore - cotton, linen, silk and suede:
A winter classic: flannel chalks. Zegna G. Inglese Charvet Vanda Allen Edmonds

Last edited:

Manolo

Reaction score
Ah, crap.
I dont have a good chalk- or pinstripe suit to use this week.
So sad, one arrives from my tailor in 3 weeks...

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Damn! I thought you would have at least one, being a banker and all :)

merick

Reaction score
I would be lying if I told you this picture was made last month. I will try to get a new outfit in this week with the same suit:

f423e558127bfe228c4bc85e2b87c629.jpg

e01d818269110d814144bb960cfdadf6.jpg

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Subscribed. Sadly no pinstripes or chalkstripe.

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
Ha - if i can´t win a challenge, i simply propose a new one and still get my will
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Thanx for gratiously considering my suggestion, Erik @EFV - will certainly play in this one.

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
And there goes D...

SYCSYC

Reaction score
I like how pinstripe suits can make you look all bossy or all sprezzy depending on how you decide to wear them.

I'm going for bossy this time.

Butler

Reaction score

click for bigger size

"Shooting" the Bond sequel:

Steven Hitchcock SB DV 3 piece navy pinstripe - T&A shirt with self designed collar from Budd - Ferragamo tie
Accessoires: Heckler & Koch submachine - Bentley coupe - Bond female weapons dealer
:bigstar:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads