• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and etc.)

bjornt

Reaction score
What do Cifonelli charge these days for a bespoke 2-piece or 3-piece suit? (Assuming a fairly standard worsted cloth). And any ideas on what the turn-around time might be if I travelled to Paris for 1 fitting and did the other 1 or 2 in London?

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come now, you must admit that it was tediously difficult to turn a shawl (one of those thin, stretchy, loose accessories) into a suit with inner structure, buttonholes, drape, and the works. Cifo did this and their House Cut is evident, even though the material lacks all of the best things a woven worsted suiting offers. I'm glad this one found a home in a museum -- it's a great example of what those crafty Parisians can do with enough time, patience, and skill.

dirnelli

Reaction score
For anyone size EU 52R residing too far from Paris, therefore with more difficult access to the Fench fishmouth lapel style, I'm currently clearing out some of my MTM suits and jackets that have that classic Parisian feature, if you'd like to be able to try it on the cheap. Pictures of the sale here:

http://dirnelli.tumblr.com/search/Forsale

(Notice I'm also selling a Cifonelli RTW suit.)

PM me if interested in anything from my sale.

ericjroy

Reaction score
Sorry is asked and answered already. Who makes Camps de Luca shirts? Are they true bespoke, with individual pattern? If so, then why not more recommendation for this service for Camps clients, given the convenience?

Many thanks,

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yorker

Reaction score
I stopped by barneys in LA to check out the new Cifonelli RTW line. Though they only picked up a handful of pieces, it was really interesting checking them out. Quality is excellent. I was surprised by the smaller lapels on the suits, when the SC's had a wider notch. Would love to have one of their SC's if I had the cash. The shoulder and chest shape was really excellent.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I stopped by barneys in LA to check out the new Cifonelli RTW line. Though they only picked up a handful of pieces, it was really interesting checking them out. Quality is excellent. I was surprised by the smaller lapels on the suits, when the SC's had a wider notch. Would love to have one of their SC's if I had the cash. The shoulder and chest shape was really excellent.

Barnyes start carry Cifonelli RTW? I'd better check it out some time soon then

HighToned

Reaction score
Mr Suzuki did a great job on this new website. It's nice to have details of his work.
Only thing I still don't understand is the name of the URL. It's the worst URL for SEO.

Gentlemen 2.0, the one and only Dinerlli inside the French magazine O Obsession... ; )

Reaction score
Very interesting that you say that regarding the lapels etc.. You are not the first person to comment on the Barney's collection somewhat not reflecting the true Cifonelli product. I have recently gone bespoke there (incredible experience) about to have my final fitting and also bought a couple of beautiful pieces from their RTW line on rue St-Honore. Both offer an incredible product, the experience at the atelier is not surprisingly one of the best I have ever had but that have been able to translate that somewhat into their RTW store and product. Really impressive. However, I have heard from someone I trust who visited their concession at Barney's that they were very surprised to find very short slim lapelled jackets there, it was apparently very fashion friendly...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt