• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

french swimmer dude is off the chain

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brad
I've known guys who put a whole stick of butter in their cocoa at relatively high altitudes in an attempt to sleep warm.

Haha, yeah. A guy I know went through a NOLS course, and they taught that. I've never actually tried it, but he swears by it. He said once the girls in his course figured that out, there was no butter left for the guys.

I prefer dumping olive oil all over my dinner (and adding some instant mashed potato flakes). Also put some chunks of cheese in your cocoa. After you drink the cocoa, you have warm, soft chunks of cheese with some chocolate taste on them. Good stuff.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by topcatny
Ok Einstein. I'll have to remember to break out my why decoder ring for your posts.

Or you could sit back and think.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
Haha, yeah. A guy I know went through a NOLS course, and they taught that. I've never actually tried it, but he swears by it. He said once the girls in his course figured that out, there was no butter left for the guys.

I prefer dumping olive oil all over my dinner (and adding some instant mashed potato flakes). Also put some chunks of cheese in your cocoa. After you drink the cocoa, you have warm, soft chunks of cheese with some chocolate taste on them. Good stuff.

I used to instruct for Outward Bound and we'd tell students on mountaineering courses more or less the same thing. But, at some point, carrying that much butter becomes weight prohibitive. I prefer slathering anything and everything in peanut butter - especially if I'm climbing in the winter out of a tent.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Or you could sit back and think.

Or you could put some explanation in your posts instead of calling "bullshit" every other time you respond to something.

Milhouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to instruct for Outward Bound and we'd tell students on mountaineering courses more or less the same thing. But, at some point, carrying that much butter becomes weight prohibitive. I prefer slathering anything and everything in peanut butter - especially if I'm climbing in the winter out of a tent.

Add a little spice and call it "Thai peanut sauce". :)

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by danilo
not 190
748245.jpg

64042125_801a59ad0a.jpg

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy
Yeah, seriously. Bernard is built more like Shawne Merriman than a swimmer, and he's got an inch on him. If Merriman is 272, Bernard is AT LEAST 250.

There is absolutely no way that guy is 190.

unexpected

Reaction score
you think so? 250??? I think Bernard's build most closely resembles a WR, not a DE. I actually think he looks a lot like Terrell Owens, who's about 220 lb.

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unexpected
you think so? 250??? I think Bernard's build most closely resembles a WR, not a DE. I actually think he looks a lot like Terrell Owens, who's about 220 lb.

Yeah, having thought more about it, I'd say he's probably between TO and a guy like Vernon Davis, who is 250. Bernard is taller than both of them, though.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unexpected

Now THERE's someone I'd like to see Merriman lay out.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Milhouse
Add a little spice and call it "Thai peanut sauce". :)

Haha, we actually used to do this in my SAR group... Red pepper flakes, garlic, some soy... Pour it over noodles (or anything really). GOLDEN.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
Haha, we actually used to do this in my SAR group... Red pepper flakes, garlic, some soy... Pour it over noodles (or anything really). GOLDEN.

I've only taken advanced SAR training, but have never done an actual SAR. Where do you do it?

SenorMatador

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phdude

is alain cheating? not really sure. probably the most suspicious swimmers this year include his team from france. bousquet has been at the elite level for a while, but the other three guys on that relay team came out of nowhere to do times faster than anyone had ever done prior to this year. you also have the two chinese female swimmers who went 1-2 in the 200fly, breaking the world record, having barely any international experience and not even being ranked in the top 20 in the world prior. doping is alive and well in swimming (see hardy in the usa even). the question is who is going to get caught? i'm surprised we haven't seen any more major positive tests yet.

Thank you, someone else who thought it was very fishy about those two Chinese swimmers. They were purely unknowns. Almost every single one of their swimmers is that. And their women's 4x200 free relay. Come on, you don't come from nowhere to swim the entire race under WR pace and then finish with a silver.

Like you stated, I really don't know what to think about the French. Alain is huge, but also look at Bousqet, who is massive. I just think Alain naturally happens to be huge. Bousqet trained under Marsh at Auburn and has been very impressive in the sprint events. The other two I have no idea about.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only taken advanced SAR training, but have never done an actual SAR. Where do you do it?
Used to. New Mexico.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads