• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FREE TIES! These are all in excellent condition, and lovely ties!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ALL TAKEN!

AI acquired these ties from a very reputable source (a respectable member of one of my alumni associations) for a reasonable amount (i.e., they weren't cheap, but they weren't overly-expensive either), with the intention of passing them along on B&S. However, while I'm familiar with older models of ties made by the manufacturer that these were supposed to be from I'm not that familiar with the more contemporary ones. So, because I wasn't convinced that the back labels belonged on these (I suspected they should only appear on other lines of this maker's ties) I started a thread to check their authenticity, and, alas, they're not genuine. I should note here that these were sold to me in good faith, ans so no complaints there!

Now, I DO NOT under any circumstances knowingly profit from fakes of any kind, and so these are NOT for sale. However, despite their nature these are lovely ties; the quality of the silk is very high indeed as is the quality of the lining and construction, and so it would be a shame to destroy them. So, if you buy anything from me at all--even a single tie (I'll be posting a lot more tomorrow)--and would like one, please let me know and I'll send it along. I'll cover the shipping cost, of course.

This seems to me to be the best way of dealing with this, and making some good for others come from what might otherwise be an unfortunate situation indeed!

Please PM with interest!

fauxhermes001.jpg

Tie 1: TAKEN

Tie 2: TAKEN

Tie 3:

Tie 4:

Tie 5: TAKEN

Attachments

• fauxhermes 001.JPG
    fauxhermes 001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

tweedydon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE WERE ALL CLAIMED OVER THREE YEARS AGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads