• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a strategy genius, but I’m not sure why anyone left the pit lane on inters. Mighty amusing to see the one-car grid, though.

This race illustrates just what Alonso stole from us by ratting out McLaren and setting off the chain of events which led to his years in the wilderness. The battle between him and Hamilton was so enjoyable.

Impressed by Ocon, Vettel, Latifi, and Schumacher. And Russell’s willingness to sacrifice his best result to get the best outcome for the team was great to see.

Mercedes should have left with 25 points in their pocket, but 18 will do? My guess is that when the last race comes around, they will be missing those 7 points. On the other hand, they probably were only going to get +7 on Max without the catastrophuck first lap.

That final duel between Alonso and Hamilton was spicccyy

Change tyres from wet to inter would def keep things going for long time in the start vs using wet in dry

monkey66

Reaction score
Another unbelievable drive from Hamilton though. He gave it everything. How many other drivers could do the last-to-podium thing, takes incredible mental and physical strength.

What a great, crazy race. Red Bull experiencing karma? Do feel a little sorry for Max, he is young and very talented. Shame he is being mentored by the dark Lord.

Last edited:

Schwazer

Reaction score
Another unbelievable drive from Hamilton though. He gave it everything. How many other drivers could do the last-to-podium thing, takes incredible mental anf physical strength.

What a great, crazy race. Red Bull experiencing karma? Do feel a little sorry for Max, he is young and very talented. Shame he is being mentored by the dark Lord.

Octobab

Reaction score
It was hilarious watching seb and Ocon jog all the way to the podium.

Seb's DQ really hurts - with AMR's comments that there was 1+ liters left, I can't help but wonder if this has anything to do with his attire this weekend...

Sidenote to that, this weekend's may have been the ugliest version of his helmet ever. Pink stripes + rainbow stripes + random pink bits all over and the BWT logo 3 times on the front of the thing alone! One isn't enough??

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Race podcast shed some light on the fuel situation. The rule says that the sample has to be obtained without dismantling the car. If the FIA can't do it, the team itself can attempt to do so while the FIA observes. Presumably Aston Martin wasn't able to do that.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the car was impounded until the situation is resolved. I just don't see this ending favorably for AM.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This race illustrates just what Alonso stole from us by ratting out McLaren and setting off the chain of events which led to his years in the wilderness. The battle between him and Hamilton was so enjoyable.

This. I knew Alonso would not disappoint. Would love to see him with a much faster Alpine that could battle every race with him. Alonso would be kinda of a nightmare to Lewis. I thought, when they changed to the mediums, that they were going to win. I mean, it's a MB without damages and no other car in the grid can hold them up. Then, Alonso came to play.

It was funny when Lewis said that Alonso was moving and it was dangerous at those speeds. I think, as we say in Mexico... didn't he bite his tongue? :lol:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ironic that the rule intended to stop Hamilton from using the platform to support the causes he believes in has caught out at least a couple of people who probably wouldn't be making any statement at all absent F1's We Race As One initiative. "Wear the t-shirts, please. No, no, not now..." In any case, I really appreciated Seb's outspokenness over the anti-LGBTQ bullshit in Hungary.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This. I knew Alonso would not disappoint. Would love to see him with a much faster Alpine that could battle every race with him. Alonso would be kinda of a nightmare to Lewis. I thought, when they changed to the mediums, that they were going to win. I mean, it's a MB without damages and no other car in the grid can hold them up. Then, Alonso came to play.

It was funny when Lewis said that Alonso was moving and it was dangerous at those speeds. I think, as we say in Mexico... didn't he bite his tongue? :lol:

Alonso's race yesterday is everything that I follow F1 to see. Inferior car, but holding up arguably the GOAT--through pure driving skill (and yes, that particular track helped)--to help his team and teammate while knowing he's not going to be on the podium. That was maybe the most impressive bit of true driving that I've seen in an F1 race in the last few years.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree, Lewis was whining about it in the heat of the moment, but i told my wife, if FIA does anything to discourage this, that’s the last day i follow F1. And Lewis himself was very complimentary after the race.

Very disappointed not to get the bitchy comments from Red Bull that i was expecting (or did i miss an interview?). Come on, Christian, you can do better than “great job, Valtteri!”

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Horner made several comments about Valtteri doing a good job for his employer, always quick to say that he was sure that Mercedes hadn’t instructed him to do it. Which of course plants the seed for the knuckleheads to get their knickers in a twist. No sane person thinks that it was anything other than a blunder.

I feel it’s important to note that Schumacher got a dose of that Verstappen aggression. I think Max is super talented, but his need to push people to the limit is a real flaw in his racecraft. He already had a damaged car and was trying to minimize the consequences, but he made contact with a car that he was always going to get past.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Red Bull understood they expended a lot of emotional energy fighting the Silverstone clash and decided it was not worth going into the break stewing over another incident.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads