• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn’t be a penalty. Didn’t crash into anyone else and only screwed himself
Oh no I mean typically when a team replaces parts and exceeds allotment then they'd get a penalty. I don't know if a chassis has an allotment, if that is the damage.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh no I mean typically when a team replaces parts and exceeds allotment then they'd get a penalty. I don't know if a chassis has an allotment, if that is the damage.
Chassis doesn’t unless you exceed budget cap. If he damaged his PU, any of the components, or gear box then it could cost him later for exceeding allotment

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Checo's clown show continues. The only hope of a fight for the lead is MIA.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Too much pressure for him I reckon, he needs to relax a little in qualifying and forget about Verstappen or Alonso will catch him soon enough.
Relaxing in qualifying won't do anything to help his race pace. With that car, he could sit out qualifying and should still have a solid run at the podium.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is perhaps a naive question but I gotta ask because I just don’t understand it. Is there no better option for qualifying than what we currently have, essentially all cars on track, some slow, some fast and going for it? It gets crowded and those on fast laps are often impeded by those who are not. Has it always been like this? No chance to give drivers space so when they’re on a hot lap, there is no slow cars ahead?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok I’m honestly struggling to find any narrative this season that I find interesting. I’m still gonna watch everything because it’s family “tradition” but there’s no compelling drama and McLaren just makes me angry every Sunday

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Relaxing in qualifying won't do anything to help his race pace. With that car, he could sit out qualifying and should still have a solid run at the podium.

I said "relax a little", Verstappen is living rent free inside Checos head. It's almost time for team orders the way his weekends are going. He needs to forget out-qualifying Max, and concentrate on his race set up.

I understand times running out and this might be his last chance, but if he let's that "solid wingman" thing slide too much, I think he will go the same way as Albon and Gasly.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is perhaps a naive question but I gotta ask because I just don’t understand it. Is there no better option for qualifying than what we currently have, essentially all cars on track, some slow, some fast and going for it? It gets crowded and those on fast laps are often impeded by those who are not. Has it always been like this? No chance to give drivers space so when they’re on a hot lap, there is no slow cars ahead?
The current setup has been in place for awhile. F1 tried a different setup back in like 2016 or 2017 for Q. They did it for like 4 or 5 races and was then quickly dropped and went back to the current setup you see now. Everyone seems to like the current Q.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No it hasn't always been like it is now, they used to have an hour long open session that would start out very quiet and eventually build towards an insane crescendo in the last few minutes as the track rubbered up, where anything went, special qualifying engines (good for 2 laps only) and just enough fuel for the run.

I enjoyed watching it as you knew you were really seeing the top guys give 110%, and if they crashed trying, just jump in the T- Car and have another shot.

But I suppose it didn’t make very good TV with a flurry of action in the last 10 minutes, not to mention the cost of all those "Grenade Engines" and spare Cars they had to fly around the World with.

Golden years of Grand Prix Racing 🙂

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Ebichuman here's an article which describes the various qualifying formats F1 has used: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...-grid-a-history-of-f1-qualifying-formats.html

One-lap quali was great for actually getting to see everyone, and it introduced an element of chance when the weather changed during the session. Had it been in use this past weekend in Canada, the Red Bulls, Aston Martins, Mercedes, and Ferraris likely would have started from the back of the field. Which, of course, is why the format is no longer around. :)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok I’m honestly struggling to find any narrative this season that I find interesting. I’m still gonna watch everything because it’s family “tradition” but there’s no compelling drama and McLaren just makes me angry every Sunday
TBH it was a rollercoaster for me. Dramatic but not in a good way.

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Ebichuman here's an article which describes the various qualifying formats F1 has used: https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...-grid-a-history-of-f1-qualifying-formats.html

One-lap quali was great for actually getting to see everyone, and it introduced an element of chance when the weather changed during the session. Had it been in use this past weekend in Canada, the Red Bulls, Aston Martins, Mercedes, and Ferraris likely would have started from the back of the field. Which, of course, is why the format is no longer around. :)
Good read, thank you for sharing

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This season, much like last season, really sucks. Max is running away with the title without even having any competition from his teammate.

McLaren sucks now and is just worried about selling cars vs winning races.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads