• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched as much of it as I could, unfortunately had an appointment that made me miss the checkered flag.

Hey now I can say Ferrari’s won Le Mans in my lifetime !

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ferrari F1 is a complete joke but the Hypercar program is legit apparently.
It was like a homecoming. FERRARI at Le Mans!!!! the world is finally complete. The fact that they won really is crazy. Giovinazzi was never much to watch in F1 but is clearly a skilled racing driver. Porsche Penske sent three cars and could only muster a 9th place finish. Cadillac looking good with a 3rd-4th finish.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was like a homecoming. FERRARI at Le Mans!!!! the world is finally complete. The fact that they won really is crazy. Giovinazzi was never much to watch in F1 but is clearly a skilled racing driver. Porsche Penske sent three cars and could only muster a 9th place finish. Cadillac looking good with a 3rd-4th finish.
And Caddy takes 3 and 4. Great race, and it's good to see some competitive balance is back.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ferrari F1 is a complete joke but the Hypercar program is legit apparently.
Incorrect. ACO and FIA put their thumb on the scale for Ferrari with a last-minute BOP adjustment to hobble Toyota. The fastest car is not guaranteed to win, of course, but it certainly helps.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Incorrect. ACO and FIA put their thumb on the scale for Ferrari with a last-minute BOP adjustment to hobble Toyota. The fastest car is not guaranteed to win, of course, but it certainly helps.
The fact that even with all the advantages, Ferrari didn’t fvck it up like the F1 team normally would is a step in the right direction

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The fact that even with all the advantages, Ferrari didn’t fvck it up like the F1 team normally would is a step in the right direction
I can't argue with that

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate here. Toyota fans think they were screwed while Ferrari fans think it was fair. I'm not sure who's right but it was close for much of the race. Anyone could have won/podium'd.

All the hypercars got some weight penalty and after Toyota won the first three races, ACO stepped in. I may be naïve but isn't that what BOP is supposed to do, make it an even playing field?

And that NASCAR actually finished!?!

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate here. Toyota fans think they were screwed while Ferrari fans think it was fair. I'm not sure who's right but it was close for much of the race. Anyone could have won/podium'd.

All the hypercars got some weight penalty and after Toyota won the first three races, ACO stepped in. I may be naïve but isn't that what BOP is supposed to do, make it an even playing field?

And that NASCAR actually finished!?!
ACO and FIA explicitly agreed not to do a BOP adjustment before Le Mans then went ahead and did it anyway. As Toyota rightly noted, Le Mans is THE race everyone is there to win, so a pre-Le Mans BOP adjustment gives almost irresistible incentive for manufacturers to sandbag during the WEC rounds pre-Le Mans to try to get a favorable BOP based on a false assessment of the relative performance of the cars. Which is why the ACO and FIA agreed not to do that…

It was absolutely an exciting race, but that excitement was not earned IMO (by the organizers). Absent evidence otherwise, the teams all played the hands they were dealt and made the best of it. Plus, that Ferrari is gorgeous. :)

Schwazer

Reaction score

Last time a Ferrari car won Le Mans.

1965 with Jochen Rindt and Masten Gregory!

Ed-Hugus-and-Jochen-Rindt-among-the-NART-Ferrari-1965-Le-Mans-24-Hours-winning-team-800x1027.jpg

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weekend race was delightfully entertaining. Albon bringing that Williams to points is impressive, given he's driving a jalopy.

GR eating the wall is gonna be costly. Is that a grid penalty?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads