• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

Schwazer

Reaction score

Schwazer

Reaction score

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, McLaren sacking Daniel will light a fire under Lando's ass and give him some edge on the track.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Alpine should seriously consider taking Ricciardo back (if he asks or they're big enough to approach him). Yes, his stock is down after a disappointing stint at McLaren - really, only 2022 was bad. 2021 was okay albeit his distance to Norris was surprising (ultimately Norris is quite good then). But Ricciardo did very well at Renault (5th in 2020) so they should snap him up at a steeply discounted salary (perhaps with generous bonuses if he comes good in an another decent car). Renault can get over the ego of being dumped since they simply need a driver that can hoover up points (obviously betting they can help Ricciardo find his mojo again with them) and they understand the sport is a business. It'd be a great story to have him again and fight to stay ahead of McLaren in 2023. FOM/Liberty would be remiss not to encourage the two back together again.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Liberty and Netflix NEED Danny Ric in F1 or there will be no one for the DTS cameras to follow around.

alpine might be feasible, they do need him and he did well with them, it’s just that some pride swallowing on both sides is required, and that’s a little easier with Cyril gone

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kind of hope he has burnt his bridges with Renault's corporate big wigs and goes to Alpha Tauri (which could be good for Gasly if Alpine take him) and then eventually works his way back into a Red Bull with some stellar drives.

He must have been f *cking nuts to leave a front line team in the first place, that was his only shot at a title (and they liked him/and he was better than Max from a marketing perspective for them).

I think he was persuaded that the then incoming Honda PU's would be a failure by the Renault people working with Red Bull and Alonso "mouthing off" at McLaren.

He needs another manager, he is running out of time and will have basically wasted the best part of a decade if it takes him another 2 or 3 years to regain his reputation.

I like the guy, it would be a real shame if he can't find his way back 🤐

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alpine's under new management now. I read somewhere that Szafnauer would have no issues w/Ricciardo coming back to Renault. Ricciardo clearly didn't perform on the track but he brought in a lot of eyes and advertising dollars as one of the most well-liked drivers.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alpine's under new management now. I read somewhere that Szafnauer would have no issues w/Ricciardo coming back to Renault. Ricciardo clearly didn't perform on the track but he brought in a lot of eyes and advertising dollars as one of the most well-liked drivers.

It's still financed by Renault (BTW I think he will go to Alpine unfortunately)

Somebody would be missing a trick though

I just think he would be better placed selling energy drinks globally (particularly the USA and Asia) than cars to a fairly limited European market and Gasly would be a better fit at Alpine.

Ricciardo is a better investment for the Red Bull group than Renault/Alpine.

If I were Daniel I would ask Bernie Ecclestone to become his manager ASAP 😉

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I kind of hope he has burnt his bridges with Renault's corporate big wigs and goes to Alpha Tauri (which could be good for Gasly if Alpine take him) and then eventually works his way back into a Red Bull with some stellar drives.

He must have been f *cking nuts to leave a front line team in the first place, that was his only shot at a title (and they liked him/and he was better than Max from a marketing perspective for them).

I think he was persuaded that the then incoming Honda PU's would be a failure by the Renault people working with Red Bull and Alonso "mouthing off" at McLaren.

He needs another manager, he is running out of time and will have basically wasted the best part of a decade if it takes him another 2 or 3 years to regain his reputation.

I like the guy, it would be a real shame if he can't find his way back 🤐

His leaving Red Bull was because they treated him like a 2nd class citizen - e.g. by throwing him under the bus when he and Verstappen crashed into each other in a race (Baku?) then they nickel and dimed him during contract negotiations. Renault welcomed him with open arms. His mistake really was leaving Renault for McLaren - but that's with hindsight given no one could anticipate his struggling so much this year and being relatively behind Norris in 2021. Leaving a factory team for a customer is also a bit of a head scratcher - you could argue he largely lost faith in their old management over promising and under delivering (despite finishing 5th in 2020). Sad he's a bit of a journeyman now but Red Bull did lose out too tripping over his replacement until Perez became available.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He signed with McLaren before the COVID-affected 2020 season got going. His decision was based on the underwhelming 2019 car and 2020 pre-season testing which didn't suggest Renault had improved much. Had the season started in Australia as scheduled, there's a decent chance he would have stayed put.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His leaving Red Bull was because they treated him like a 2nd class citizen - e.g. by throwing him under the bus when he and Verstappen crashed into each other in a race (Baku?) then they nickel and dimed him during contract negotiations. Renault welcomed him with open arms. His mistake really was leaving Renault for McLaren - but that's with hindsight given no one could anticipate his struggling so much this year and being relatively behind Norris in 2021. Leaving a factory team for a customer is also a bit of a head scratcher - you could argue he largely lost faith in their old management over promising and under delivering (despite finishing 5th in 2020). Sad he's a bit of a journeyman now but Red Bull did lose out too tripping over his replacement until Perez became available.

Meh, I don't buy it.

Ricciardo pushed aside Vettel in exactly the same way Max pushed Daniel down the pecking order, Let's not forget Sebastian Vettel was the four time Champion and the darling of the RBR team.

In this game "it's put up or shut up", he had the same equipment to prove he was world class at RBR (by challenging Max).

He should have stuck it out for another season or two at RBR and worked a bit harder.

I really like him, but I suspect he is just a bit too nice and easy going for the very top echelon, I get that there is a fair bit of distaste for Max and RBR on SF, but thats how "Alpha Males" operate, you have to dominate (like Lewis has).

You can see already that Lando Norris is doing it at McLaren, he was happy to play understudy to the experienced Carlos and was very friendly with him, but when he had to beat one of the supposed "Top Guns" in F1, different personality altogether.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads